GT2-A Springer

GoldenMotor.com

scottyskidoo

Jul 26, 2012
hampton va
Hey all,

Well finished my first build last summer and it is still running great as a daily driver, onyx 29er with 4000+ on it. Ive decided it was time to build something really nice and document it here. Started with a GT2-a platform and im hoping that when its done its going to be one of the best out there. Planning on doing everything top notch and selling it in the end.... If i can part with it.
Got the frame in and the first thing i did knowing that i am going to run a full disk setup was shave the centerpull mounts and the coaster brake tab. Also switched out the headset to a semi integrated sealed bearing setup because i have gone with the springer setup from choppers us and its heavy... but damn is it a beautifull thing. Also got the front rocker dropout for the front disk setup. Im going to run a jackshaft to an IGH with a jockeyshifter from HBBC wich should aleviate issues with rear disk brake setup and clean up some cable mess.
So a couple of questions... #1 can you run a centerfuge clutch with a jackshaft and without the pullstart? #2 Ideas on mounting rear caliper, choppers us has a mount but there out of stock, jake bike has one but i dont know if i can run it as is. The way they have it set up is with the disk and the sprocket on the drive side. Im running a jackshaft so i wont have that problem. #3 Rear hub, nuvinci n360 sounds like its full of bugs, cant find the n171 anymore but heard that was bomb proof. Sturmey archer doesnt sell a 3 speed with a disk setup that fits. So shimano? Mabe someone can point me in the right direction but rear disk is a must. Well anyways here are some pics let me know what you think. Oh also running a 24"x 3" slick in the rear with 3" rim, chain clearence issues?

Attachments

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
hi , looks like a great start so far
i was wondering why you may want a sturmey archer hub with disk brakes ? ...when they all ready can be had with drum brakes built into them

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
A rear drum should do fine, check with Venice motorbikes he has a rear disc brake mount, not sure if it works with the horizontal dropouts. The bike is going to be sweet.

scottyskidoo

Jul 26, 2012
hampton va
Thanks, i have looked at the sturmey archer with the drum brake and i like it, the reason for going with disk is purely asthetic. Thanks for the info chainmaker.

scottyskidoo

Jul 26, 2012
hampton va
yeah if i cant find or fabricate a mount i might have to go with a drum in the rear. Got my headlight brackets in today heres a pic. Gonna bend the tips to side mount a Led high power bullet style headlamp i found on ebay. Got the bracket off ebay as well fits 30 mm and up fork tubes, mine are 29 so a little rubber shim fixed that.

Attachments