New old guy

GoldenMotor.com

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Great site. My name is Grant from K.C. Been collecting, restoring and racing vintage motorcycles since 73. Happened across an old whizzer and it took awhile to I.D. it. Now i'm hooked and want to get it running. Found this site and it seems like a wealth of info and although i've already screwed up a few times I think i'm getting the hang of navigating on this site. Looking forward to meeting members and sharing knowledge, what little I have. Thanks Grant

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa
Hi Grunthum ... I've got 2 motorized bicycles and am collecting parts for my third. These bikes seem to be addicting. As far as I'm concerned, the Whizzer is one of the most interesting bikes. Lots of history and ideas from those old machines. When you get a chance, post some pictures of your Whizzer. I'm sure you'll find lots of people interested in it.

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Pics. will be coming probably Sun. or Mon. for sure. Plan on leaving it original and just cleaning and reassembling. Going to need a few parts such as fastners, drive belt, gas tank for starters. Dont know what the engine will need but it turns over freely and is well lubed and seems to have compression. Thanks, Grant

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Here are important questions to consider when building for yourself or others:

1) What is the predominant riding terrain?
2) What type of physique does the primary rider have?
3) What will the rider's local laws allow them to have?
(Lookup and personally read these laws.)
4) What kind of bike is being motorized?
5) What is the bike to be used for?
6) How much of a budget is to be used for the build?

Seek the answers to these questions in order to get the most out of the bike you're building. We're here to help with any questions you may have. Good luck with your build.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Welcome from another Whizzer owner. I love these old machines. Very well engineered and built. I have quite a few miles on my old Whizzers and they run great. Anxiously awaiting your pictures. Here's photos of a few of mine.

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Thanks for all the info guys. I'm well on my way into a new disease it looks like. Some very nice iron you have there msrfan. Will try to get some pics today posted.

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Well, I took about 15 pics. Sunday and tried to post them but I couldn't get them downloaded. I amagine their too big. I would be glad to e-mail them to anybody on this forum so they could post them. Just a thought....Thanks all, Grant