About to call it quits

GoldenMotor.com

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
I cant get my clutch fixed its brand new and from the 3rd ride it hasnt wanted to start every time nor has the clutch quit slipping. I have the flower nut all the way in and its as if it dosnt have enough bolt to get tight enough. If there is a way to get the bolt the flower nut goes on out farther then that may be a fix other than that I cant fix it and Im gonna try and sell it and get a moped.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Did you try holding the clutch lever all the way against the handlebar, after taking all the slack out of the cable? Then tightening the flowernut by hand then backing off 1/4 to 1/2 turn?

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
Don't put the nut all the way in. That doesn't help. It grips best at a certain point. Make sure there's no grease or oil on the pads / make sure the clutch pads are good.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
How about another Chef in this soup?

If none of the above helps, And I do hope that they will,
Have you tried tightening the clutch spring.... the one inside the cases?

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
Alright I finally got it fixed. There is a big nut that surrounds the the small bolt the flower nut screws on. Well the big nut threads onto somthing, dont know what it is, however I was looking at both of my bikes, one works really well, and noticed a difference. The part that the big bolt threads to stuck out really far compared to the good bike and that was keeping my flower nut from screwing in far. So I tried loosening and tighting that big nut and that did nothing. So i filed that down a little and now the flower nut can be tightened in far enough! So hopfully I have actually fixed my slipping clutch problem.