Big beauty genisis onyx

GoldenMotor.com

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
So i just order the genisis onyx from walmart. Ill posting some pics of the bike when i get it. Its a huge beast With some 29' tires. I really wanna put a 2 stroke grubee gt5 motor on it. But because its such a big bike a was wondering if it would even fit. And what kinda modifications i would have to do to it. I should also add that im on a tight budget. Any suggestions or added info would be greatly appreciated.

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
also this is my first build ever. and there was a thread about the same bike and the person was saying that it was gonna be to expensive for a chain drive in frame. but i dont see y.

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
well the thing is. i dont wanna buy anything befor i know what and how im gonna do it. as i said im on a very tight budget. and any setback is just gonna result in this project not happening. can u give me a list of things y it might not work out? like if theres a lot of spokes would the sprocket with the kit not fit? and things like drilling in the frame wont be a problem for me. but having to buy extra things to make it work might not be an option for me. so any advice u have at all would be greatly appreciated

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
A 4 stroke will give you speed and power, and it wont break down on you every single ride like the chia girl will:-||

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
A 4 stroke will give you speed and power, and it wont break down on you every single ride like the chia girl will:-||
Your China girl kept breaking down because you probably lack the skill to make a good one. With half the hp a 4 stroke should last a lot longer, plus a sissy centrifugal clutch to go with it.

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Your China girl kept breaking down because you probably lack the skill to make a good one. With half the hp a 4 stroke should last a lot longer, plus a sissy centrifugal clutch to go with it.
wow, really? I have built over 20 china girls, they are ok, but they will always give you some kind of grief, how is a 49cc 2.5hp 4 stroke half the hp then a china girl? you have a 5hp china girl!!! holy smokes.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

You call this a sissy centrifugal clutch laff Thems clutches will outlast any china gurl motor.....not so sissy IMO.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
wow, really? I have built over 20 china girls, they are ok, but they will always give you some kind of grief, how is a 49cc 2.5hp 4 stroke half the hp then a china girl? you have a 5hp china girl!!! holy smokes.
20 bikes? They all broke every single ride???? I guess I've just been lucky.

just messin with ya lol.

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
lol can u guys just stop bickering and help me out? i picked out my motor. 66cc silver slant from kingsmotorbike.com and ppl were saying they got the gt5 motor and not the silver slant so that what im hoping for lol. but my main problem that i can see is that theres 48 spokes and the sprocket most likely wont fit. ppl with the same bike were just using 6 holes in the sprocket instead of 9. which ill probably do but id like someones input. and also someone had said the tanks screws arent long enough to bolt onto the frame. any suggestions?

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Like I said, you'll find out.

It's not an easy bike and you will be spending extra cash to make it work.

Parts and labor. The more labor you do the less you will spend in parts.

Have fun!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
and also someone had said the tanks screws arent long enough to bolt onto the frame. any suggestions?
If it is like mine, the studs on the tank weren't long enough. At hardward stores you can find a thing called a coupler. It's like a 1" long nut. You can thread one halfway on the tanks stud, and then you can either screw in a length of all thread, and nut it on, or use the proper sized bolt threaded into the coupling to hold the tank on.

You can see what I'm talking about in this video at 1:10, and 3:15

YouTube - ‪Cadillac AV Sport Motor Bicycle‬‏

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
to be honest. i dont think im gonna have to mod anything on the bike to get my motor in there. besides the tank i dont see any issues with it. the 48 spokes will be an issue but problem solved by only using 6 screws instead of 9. and yes mrs. jones i studied!;) lol

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
to be honest. i dont think im gonna have to mod anything on the bike to get my motor in there. besides the tank i dont see any issues with it. the 48 spokes will be an issue but problem solved by only using 6 screws instead of 9. and yes mrs. jones i studied!;) lol
That's the right attitude, I think you'll have fun with few stumbling blocks on this build. I wouldn't hesitate for a second motorizing this big cruiser.......it's basically the same bike as my Black Ale w/29's on it. Piece of cake!

And yes, I'd throw that p-nut tank in the trash and convert the top tube to a gas tank!

dnut

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
On some of my bikes I used metal strap doubled up to make new bottom brackets for the tank to screw to. You can bend it by hand yet it's still tough enough to hold the tank on with little problem.