Anyone In or Near Phil Campbell, AL

GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
The news tonight was showing the damage to the town of Phil Campbell in Alabama. Main street is completely gone with the exception of the fire department. All the business and homes destroyed by a tornado. Numerous people killed and missing.

I have a friend from high school in Ohio that is living in that town. She is in her early 60's and is a widow. I really need to find out if she is okay. This is bothering me a lot. If anyone can help me out I would be overjoyed!

Terry

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
One of my suppliers is Northwest Abrasives, located in Haleyville Alabama, just south of Phil Campbell. They were due here Wednesday with an order but were a no show. I can't raise them and neither can some of my other suppliers that do business with them. There is wide spread power and phone disruption all through large sections of central and north Alabama. Don't know if they're just offline or gone.

The day started before 5am with an intense squall line producing hurricane force straight line winds. I believe it also produces several short duration tornadoes. The really heavy stuff began in the early afternoon with the long duration F4's. Lots of places almost wiped completely off the map.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Well, the good news is she isn't on the list of deceased people. In Phil Campbell it took out all of main street except the fire department. All houses and business are completely gone.

The woman that I know was once engaged to my brother. Her sister and I dated all through high school. We both got dear John letters while in Vietnam. I was in the Army and my brother was off shore on a destroyer. But, life goes on!

Terry