Where to today...

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
My wife is going to lunch with her friends today. I have the perfect excuse to ride my bike somewhere besides around in circles in the neighborhood. I'm going to take one of the bikes to home depot for tape. I need a role of duct tape and several rolls of black tape. So it's off to the store for me.

The question is which bike. I want to ride the more than a little illegal BAM bike. I should ride the Bumble bee, very legal bike, or I could even try out the new ebike arrangement, except that I have done no tests with it. I can't be sure it won't run out of power on me at the end.

Okay then one of the gasoline bikes for sure. I will probably ride the BAM, since I do not plan to wear the legal motorcycle helmet. I feel stupid with a motorcycle helmet on a twenty mile per hour bicycle. I have a cool bike helmet, I will wear instead.

Now that I think of it, I believe I will start looking for one of those old brain bucket helmets. That might be legal and still not make me look like a motorcycle wanna be. I am what I am. I am on a bicycle with a motor, not a Harley.

Additional note... I rode the BAM bike and since I built it, of course the motor mount came apart, but some days you just get lucky. It was in the parking lot of the home depot, and I happened to have the correct wrenches in my pocket. Bought a couple of nuts and home I rode

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Today I rode the BAM bike around the hood. I was checking it out after putting on a new throttle system. It works okay but the bike won't idle. then I rode the small bumble bee bike until it died of heat stroke, I think. I just stopped running for no real reason and wouldn't restart. I might check it out later.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
home> store> work> home> store> work> home> store> work> home> store> work> home> store> work> home> trails> trails> /repeat

o_O circles *sigh* laff

Hope the bumble bee is ok deacon ;)

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I agree completely Aleman, but ofc I'd rather it was - trails> trails> trails> trails> trails> /repeat

...but I gets teh hungriez anna sleepeh sumtimes rotfl

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
We had bad storms here last night trees down all around and rain everywhere but the bright side is the sun came out and the roads will be dry in a few minutes. I get to go out and assess the damage. Something new to see is always fun.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
It's Sunday morning after the storms here, so I think I'm going to wait till around lunch, when it warms up, then fire up the bike. It seems the right time to go ride around a bit. I haven't been able to get much riding in lately. I have been working on these junk bikes, not riding. I actually prefer to work on them, but today I have an urge to ride. I also need to test out the parts, since i will be mimicking the various methods on my new HF build. That is when it all get here, so that I can get started.

So today, I will take the even larger bike I have and give it a run through town. I can only hope that the cops are feeling generous today.

Update so it's Sunday after noon. I killed the snowblower bike a couple of miles from home. i probably could have gotten it running again with some carburator work, but I just didn't want to do it. I have already bought and paid for a HF 2.5 hp motor. It should be about the right size for a friction drive. while I wait for it, I will get a bike frame ready for it. Should be interesting.

Last edited: