Puppy stuff

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have flirted with linux for a couple of years and it was just always too complicated. After I had to reload my windows xp and they wouldn't let me add the service packs, I could not put an antif virus on the computer. So I went looking for a linux I could use on the net. I had tried linux puppy before and it was almost usable. Well today it is.

If I had a netbook a small laptop I would use this thing in a minute. It has a bunch of bundled programs and options. I chose the foxfire option and then downloaded their java with the self installing package and I have everything I need to prowl the net. I run it from a live cd so there is very very little hard drive space needed. I assigned a lot of space because I watch movies and tv shows online but you don't have to allot so much space to it.

It seems to work just fine for all i do on line. So I recommend it. See yall.

B

Last edited:

GEJoe

Mar 30, 2011
Tennessee
I have used Puppy off and on for the last 3 years. Now I have a netbook and use hard drive installed PCLinux KDE dual booting with XP and also have XP inside virtualbox in linux. Both my XP installs use SuRun so I do not need antivirus or antispyware and have 40 mbyte more usable ram.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
cool I still love my puppy. I pull the cd and then reboot and xp comes up for any graphic work I do. I never put windows online. It seems to work just fine with the boot system I have going for me.