Panama Jack Huffy Beach Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

snarky yarbles

Apr 17, 2011
Arkansas
SlowBalt, where can I get one of those no drill large frame adapters ? Not having much luck googling the term. I'm in the same sitch as Robbie D was.

Samus1976

Feb 19, 2009
Bacliff, TX
That's the bike I'm building onto as well. I removed all the fake plastic wood and I'm replacing them with a material called Dibond. (It's a light-weight, hollow aluminum sign-making material), and I'll put some custom digital graphics on it. I even made some templates for some custom panels to strap to the body. I'm theming the bike after the Fallout game series (Just think post-nuclear apocalyptic bike). I refurbished a metal lock-box to go onto the back to put emergency gear in. I'm also waiting on my engine and some springer forks for the front. As for rear suspension, my Dad made a custom spring seat post for it. I'll post more pics as I get more done. Good luck with yours. I'm having a lot of fun with the Panama Jack!

Attachments

snarky yarbles

Apr 17, 2011
Arkansas
Cool, Is that a .30 cal ammo can with holes drilled into it? And why put holes in it? just wondering, looks cool that way, just think it more useful in its original water tight condition.

Samus1976

Feb 19, 2009
Bacliff, TX
No, it's a lock box that they use at chemical plants. I'm not sure why it has holes on the side but the holes on top are for multiple padlocks. Looks like an ammo box though. It'll look better once I get the side graphics done.

marluzkat

Apr 10, 2011
New Jersey
This is the build that I completed this weekend. You will want to trash that seat that with the bike, its garbage, the seat rails bend like they are made out of rubber! I also painted the tank flat black to match the rest of the bike and the rear sprocket.
How did you change the grips with the throttle ?

T Rock

May 5, 2010
Florida
well, the grips come off with a little air pressure from a compressor and an air nozzle, the throttle is the one that came with the kit and the seat is from Nirve.com along with the shock seat post.

chopperloui

May 24, 2011
Michigan
I'm planning on building on the Panama Jack beach cruiser. Can you pleawse tell me what modes I will have to make. Will the engine mount without adapters? If n ot what adapters will work? How did the rear coaster brake arm accept the drive sproket? Did you bend or replace it?

Samus1976

Feb 19, 2009
Bacliff, TX
I had to bend the brake adapter. Most else mounted just fine. The skyhawk motor I got mounted with no modification other than pounding the bottom tube a bit with two hammers to allow the mount to slide on. The extra body tubes where the gas tank mounts can cause problems with the fuel switch. The whole switch popped off at the tank when I tried to mount the bike onto a car rack. The only real problems I'm having is with the engine kit itself. My carb arrived doa. Hope all that helps.