Panama Jack Huffy Beach Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Archduke Chocula

Apr 23, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
I just bought a new 26" Panama Jack Huffy Beach Cruiser today at wally world. In my opinion its a beautiful looking bicycle, I just hope it can hold up with 66cc 2-stroke attached! It has flat black paint (pre-scraped by wallmart employees! awesome bonus there) Black rims and spokes, black fenders, white wall tires, wood accents on the frame and rear rack, and cork handles (one of which broke in half after wind knocked it over). I took off the palm tree and huffy stickers, the leather carrying bag and cup holder. I may re-attach the leather bag later to carry tools.

I have yet to order an engine, the bike was to come first. I'm still debating a grubee, or a black flying horse 66cc engine. Anyway, onto the pictures!

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Done :)

BTW - near as I can tell the Grubee and the Flying Horse are identical, vendor reputation is the important bit in case there's shipping damage or w/e.

Welcome to the addiction :D

Archduke Chocula

Apr 23, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Panama jack makes beach wear and accessories, so they partnered with huffy to make a beach cruiser. Other than that, there is no information available online about this bike... not even a picture.

Archduke Chocula

Apr 23, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Heres one Im building for a customer,They do look good with a motor.I will post more pics when I finish.
That doesnt look half bad. I've already removed the silly huffy and palm tree stickers. I'm also thinking of painting the wood either black or white to match the bike. A black motor and a custom gas tank and it should look pretty great! Just waiting on the engine to arrive (just ordered it today).

Have you encountered any problems with the build so far? Chain rubbing the fenders? Also whose kit are you using?

Last edited:

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
Very good 2door,LOL.I know I have a little cleaning to do.And its a Dax 48cc and the coaster brake was the biggest pain so far,it has to be bent in 2 different spots to clear the sprocket bolts and lign up with the chain stay and either make or buy a large front tube adapter.Even after 14 builds,not one, was the same as another,which is good,they all have had their own challenges to overcome,keeps it interesting.

T Rock

May 5, 2010
Florida
I just built a Panama Jack bike this weekend and it came out pretty good. I dropped the panama jack emblem under the gas tank, might paint it and reinstall it in the future

T Rock

May 5, 2010
Florida
This is the build that I completed this weekend. You will want to trash that seat that with the bike, its garbage, the seat rails bend like they are made out of rubber! I also painted the tank flat black to match the rest of the bike and the rear sprocket.

Attachments

Last edited:

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
Done :)

BTW - near as I can tell the Grubee and the Flying Horse are identical, vendor reputation is the important bit in case there's shipping damage or w/e.

Welcome to the addiction :D
GasBikes told me the Grubee was a much better kit than the Flying Horse. I ordered the Flying Horse but they were out so they "upgraded" my order to the Skyhawk.

T Rock

May 5, 2010
Florida
Yea the drink holder is very handy on those long cruizes, or it could hold a bottle of some spare gas...lol