No wonder these motors are so cheap!

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
What? Do you actually think there's this clean assembly line out there everyone wearing white and they have health insurance and 401k?
I look at it like this.
They are cutting corners to the EXTREME.
And out comes a running engine good for many miles if taken care of or if the metal was casted decent enough.
It's a miracle engine.
I gave mine a name.
It's name is MOOP.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
It's true ALL of the engines come from factories like that!! Not just the PK's...

I'm a little skeptical when someone posts a clip like that on YouTube saying that it's the "PK" factory. I would think it's another engine dealer trying to make the "PK's" look bad.

I don't use PK engines on my bikes anymore, But every PK that I built, ran great and seemed solid. IMHO
dnutdnutdnutdnut

Woodstock

Mar 15, 2009
Saint Petersburg
I have a PK 80 ready to go on my board tracker style bike. the 50 cc i use now on another bike is good. I think it is just luck if you get a good motor or a bad one! They are ALL built so inexpensive that it is like the lottery, win some lose some, but you can't win if you don't play! I am proud to live in AMERICA too Toker !

Xcel

Jul 20, 2008
Looks like a hundred other shops I've seen in the USA. Whats the problem?
I see an air compressor coil on the right, one guy sitting down working at vise and one guy at the bench.

It's not like they are made in Detroit by $60 hr union workers but they have a better shop than I do! I'm building in a spare bedroom half the time.

laff

Feb 6, 2009
utah
whats the problem how would you put the gear in toker? click your heals together 3 times? Whats your shop look like?

Last edited:

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
It is what it is, how else are you going to get an ICE shipped to your door for a bit over a hundred bucks?

Been there, done that and moved on, in the end you get what you pay for.

Ironically, even the Chinese are not using them.
A friend just back from China says you don't see these little 2 smokes in use there, all gone electric.