Trek 830 Antelope Motorized Mounatin Bike Review

GoldenMotor.com

jonnyp929

Apr 15, 2013
New York City
Hi Everyone!,

I have been doing a lot of reading in this forum but I barely post.

first off I just want to say thanks to all the people who helped me out when I was new to this. without this forum I would never have built my first bike and bikes to come. I have learned a lot of things about 2-stroke engines and motorized bicycles

My first build was originally this trek mountain bike but after mounting the engine and sprocket, I realized that the crank would not clear the muffler. I took the engine and sprocket off the bike and put on everything onto the bronze huffy cranbrook. it came out to be a nice build but the sprocket was untrue and the chain kept on falling off and I did not know how to tru it properly then. this guy offered me $400 for it and I sold it.

The engine was a grubee Skyhawk from gasbike.net I bought the engine during the beginning of summer from gasbike.net when the engines were all assembled and came with a cns carb. Now these engines come with no upgrades, a regular muffler, a regular carb and filter, and they are not assembled and cost $40 more. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM THEM

I built around 3 more cranbrooks and countless old school mountain bikes (the ones with the thinner bottom tubes

I decided to go back to the Trek Antelope mountain bike. I dumped the old cantilever brakes and put in a strong rear v-brake. I took the front derailleur and the cable to the rear derailleur. I put in a cruiser handlebar and a soft gel seat. I used the sd stinger motor kit and I can honestly say that their engines are far more better than any of the ebay sellers.

I have never had a problem with the chain tensioner and have never had to adjust it. I tightened the nylon wheel before I put it on the bike. it has never loosened or crept to the wheel. the tube that the chain tensioner attaches to is a ovalish shape so it locks into place with the chain tensioner like a puzzle

the crank almost touches the engine by half a millimeter. it scraped against the side before though but it barely misses it now.

I have it my basement for the next 3 months because of winter but I am so eager to ride it!:-||

I wanted to try building the genesis 32 inch bike but that will be during the summer when I sell this one

Does anyone know how to post the pics? afteri resize it it says the pictures are to big

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Hi Johnny, I'd love to see pictures! If you right click on your picture you want to upload go to "open with...> PAINT, it will open with windows paint(assuming you're running windows) then click "resize" and click the tab that says 'pixels" and then uncheck the box that says "maintain aspect ratio" and then for horizontal type in things like "1900, 1800, 2000" and then for vertical type like 1500, 1200, etc. Play with those numbers and try to resize. Then go to "file, save as(I usually go with Jpg) and then keep trying to upload. Try to keep the filesize under 977kb(or it won't upload) Have to monkey with it to get it right. I tried taking a screen shot for you, but it's really blurry and won't come out right.