Fail

GoldenMotor.com

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
ahh i c i assumed that they came cut to size... haha thank you very much
i was trying to figure out how to instal the fuel filter but that was pretty self explanitory an is probably why the hose was longer then needed

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
now im on the eletrical everything else is about done cdi box an kill switch are stressin me out so i saved them for last an well here i am . i just dont get how it hooks up

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
my engine has three wire coming out of it one blue one black an one white .. where the helss the white wire go??

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
my engine has three wire coming out of it one blue one black an one white .. where the helss the white wire go??
curl it up and tape it up, its a power wire that could be used for a very small weak A/C light, not really useful in my opinion, just use some electrical black tape and secure it out of the way.

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
thank you bike is almost done ill be updating picvtureshopefully tomoro:) its been a succesful build thus far minor problems had to make some things fit but beyond that i look forwar to moreo motorized projects

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
thank you bike is almost done ill be updating picvtureshopefully tomoro:) its been a succesful build thus far minor problems had to make some things fit but beyond that i look forwar to moreo motorized projects
Thats great, just double check all the fasteners and enjoy that first ride, we'll be looking forward to the pics.

map.wee.

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
you know iv never been a fan of online chat based things face book myspace etc...but this place is amazing

Last edited by a moderator:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
same here, never liked all the myspace, facebook stuff much either, but yes this forum is excellent and there are some very excellent people here...... some maybe a little rough around the edges sometime as will be found anywhere but still good hearted people who really do care about what they do with their bikes and are willing to lend a helping word or two of advice to help someone else out.

WARNING........!

It's a bit addicting actually so be careful or the bug will bite the heck outta ya...LOL!

Map
reddd

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
ya haha :) yall are very fast with replys too i couldnt of had better service at a small engine shop

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Tip: use 20+ to 1 premix for breakin; 16:1 is too much oil. Also, I recommend keeping a 10mm box-wrench, and a socket-wrench with 13mm and sparkplug sockets handy. Check your nuts (haw haw!) after your rides for the next few days; the vibrations on a new build can quickly loosen the nuts; especially on the mounting-studs. They'll all fall into place and behave themselves eventually.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
On another note.... There is an E3 spark plug that works well in this motor which is MUCH shorter than the standard plug. Also, if you toss the cheap plastic spark plug boot that comes with the kit and replace it with a rubber automotive boot/wire, the rubber boot will flex and allow you to get it on the plug when it is much closer to the top tube than the stock plastic boot. Together with the small plug and the rubber boot you can fit the motor on a much smaller frame, I run a 16.5" Specialized mtn bike, it's a really small frame but it still fits...

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Related to NightCruiser's good advice: to replace the CDI's spark-wire, simply unscrew it like a screw. You might need a pliers to loosen it.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
^Related to the above: if you have a newer-style CDI box, the wire might be partially glued in, so you're going to want pliers handy even if you don't think it won't behave.

Mine just about was destroyed when I took it out. lol