Deleted Threads

GoldenMotor.com

karryhunt

Apr 17, 2010
South Florida...brrr
Kurryhunt people here are only trying to help you make better post. Your word is only your opinion unless you have facts and statistics to back it up. The source of those facts and statistics also need to be available for others to look up.

Often when I write post I write phrases like "Personally I prefer Staton Inc as a dealer". If there's a product you seem to like tell others why you like it. I hope this helps and want to see more post from you soon.
I don't see anything wrong with my post but I see you spelled my name incorrectly in the quote so I am just alerting you to pay a little more attention to your spelling when it involves a proper name. You guys are too picky for my liking.

I didn't list the name of the hub adapter because there are now several manufacturers who I am sure are equal to the one I prefer. If you want to know the one I prefer its the Manic Mechanic and a link to their site is below.

http://www.mmbikeparts.com/custom_adapters.htm

I also prefer the Kip Springer tensioner and they are available form Pirate

Cycles who I have done several flawless transactions with over the years.

I like the MM hub adapter because its eliminates trying to align the rag joint

which is an accident waiting to happen IMO and the other reason is you can

call and get answers if you need them. The same applies to Pirate Cycles.

I simply feel these two items make your build easier and safer than using the rag joint and tensioner that comes with the kit. No, I am not or ever have been associated personally or financially with either party.

Rag joint and tensioner misalignment can cause >>>.bf.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Your name has been corrected. I couldn't count the number of times I've been called Terry, Larry, Barry or Karry. No Marry so far LOL. There's times I've busted peoples bubble but I've printed the facts to back up what I'm saying. I've also been wrong in my opinion on issues and had no problem coming back on here and saying so.

All the moderators are saying is tell why from your personal experience you prefer one product over another. The moderators have been here a long time. They're pretty good at knowing what works best in this forum. Don't take criticism personal rather use it to improve yourself. One of the first tips I was given was to paragraph my long post. Just like building bikes I'm much better at posting now than when I first started.

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
kerryhunt is right, Hub adapters are better, BUT... That doesn't make a rag joint a "wreck lookin to happen" if installed properly. Granted, a hub adapter is much easier to install, But using a rag joint also gives you valuable lessons about driveline alignment.
And yeah,I think the blue stuff is a little over the top. Whats next, Double spaced rainbow lettering. Like one post is SO much more important than another. Hey, I got an ego too, And EVERYONE needs to see MY posts, But I try to keep that contained so I don't come off lookin like an A$$.
fatdaddy.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
If you're on a curry hunt and you're in the Bridgeport, CT area, I highly reccommend Bangalore Indian Resteraunt & Bar. I particularly love a Chicken Korma with Pan bread, and a huge bottle of Taj Beer.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
I don't see anything wrong with my post but I see you spelled my name incorrectly in the quote so I am just alerting you to pay a little more attention to your spelling when it involves a proper name. You guys are too picky for my liking.

I didn't list the name of the hub adapter because there are now several manufacturers who I am sure are equal to the one I prefer. If you want to know the one I prefer its the Manic Mechanic and a link to their site is below.

http://www.mmbikeparts.com/custom_adapters.htm

I also prefer the Kip Springer tensioner and they are available form Pirate

Cycles who I have done several flawless transactions with over the years.

I like the MM hub adapter because its eliminates trying to align the rag joint

which is an accident waiting to happen IMO and the other reason is you can

call and get answers if you need them. The same applies to Pirate Cycles.

I simply feel these two items make your build easier and safer than using the rag joint and tensioner that comes with the kit. No, I am not or ever have been associated personally or financially with either party.

Opinions are like farts, everyone has one, but I don't want to
smell anyone's but mine :) ROFL

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Thank God it had nothin to do with that big f'n rock he hit. So from now on I can ignore all the big rocks and boulders in my way. As long as I don't use a rag joint or tensioner I'll be fine, RIGHT?
fatdaddy..spr.

Last edited: