So many brands of engine kits!

GoldenMotor.com

downhillv10

Dec 4, 2012
Cody,Wyoming
Hi to everyone! I'm new to this world of motorized bikes,I need a new hobby to keep busy and to keep from having cabin fever!LOL! although I do have a ton of exp.with pocket bikes! I see many engine kits for sale,any suggestion on who offers the best kits or are they pretty much the same?some say they are better but just from looking they all look pretty much the same.I'm looking to build a beach crusier to look like a board track racer and need a good motor kit to build on as a base,so any info you could pass on would be of great help!!! Thanks!!!.xx.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey downhill welcome to Motorbicycling.com

That's asked so many times and really everyone will have there own opinion of who is the best. But they all can be a roll of the dice no matter what kit you get.

Just find a vendor with good customer service and go from there in my opinion.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
welcome to the site and the sport/hobby
most of the engines are a roll of the dice it depends on what you want to do with the bike to make the decision first on 2 or 4 stroke or electric to see what you need/want out of it before any one can really help point you in a direction most of the 2 strokes are smiler they have small differences from one to the next

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hey downhill welcome to Motorbicycling.com

That's asked so many times and really everyone will have there own opinion of who is the best. But they all can be a roll of the dice no matter what kit you get.

Just find a vendor with good customer service and go from there in my opinion.
Ditto: And welcome to the forum.

Opinions based on experience will be as varied as the individuals providing them. You'll need to spend some time and research but the important thing is after sales support. This is something that is sorely lacking with some of the cheaper ebay sellers. The vendors you see listed down the sides of the pages here are all known for their willingness to help you with your purchase. Any one of them will be your best option.
As was stated, it's up to you to decide if you want a 2 stroke, 4 stroke or an electric bike.

Good luck, have fun and ride safe.

Tom

downhillv10

Dec 4, 2012
Cody,Wyoming
usflgO.K. bike wise,thinking micargi falcon gt or gts with heavy duty wheel set,think it would handle it for a short while? Just like the look and stance!

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Welcome to the forum from Dallas Downhilly.

The best motor kits are Flying Horse. BikeBerry is a good place to buy them. Power King is another good brand, that you can buy from Pirate Cycle.

Another very popular brand is SkyHawk, but I haven't been very impressed with them.

Don't get suckered into a BGF (Boy Go Fast) on eBay by low prices. They're crap piles.

Try to get something with a NT carb, not the CNS.

Have fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing your build.

downhillv10

Dec 4, 2012
Cody,Wyoming
dance1O.K. went and did some research,I did order a powerking pk80 from piratecycles yesterday! seems like a good deal and some good upgrades on the hardware.And from all the reviews looks like customer service is great! my exp. with them is wow they got it out already! That was quick! Now to find a bike I'm looking at workmen bikes they seem like they are built well but need to talk to someone who has one! some of the micargi models seem pretty cool looking but quality? and will they hold up to an engine?

Last edited:

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
there are almost no bikes built better than a worksman bike they have a lugged frame and very heavy duty rims also they are made in ozone park new york by Americans

almost forgot they have the option for a drum brake from the factory

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Worksman is a very good bike for these kits. You should be very happy with it. As far as I can tell, all chinagirl kits are made about the same. Some have issues, some do not, but buying from someone with good customer service is ALWAYS a good thing. I prefer to upgrade hardware and stuff myself to save money, but buying a engine with it already done would be faster.