parts comming today

GoldenMotor.com

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N
hey im gettin my pistion head and cylander body today so does anyone have any tips for me on rebreaking in the top its a skyhawk round head 48cc 2011 yd carb and my motor is apart so if i need to grease anything be4 i put it back please get back to me thanx and remember to get cha a good bowl of weediez

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Break-in is the same as new. What you are breaking in is what needs to be done in the first place. Two tanks at 24:1 fuel/oil mix and then whatever blend you like 32-40:1.

Replace the nuts, though. The cap nuts suck, way too easy to get a wrong torque. Do you have a torque wrench? It's a must-have when rebuilding a motor. 1/4" torque wrench from Harbor Freight is around $15 or so and invalueable to insure that the head doesn't leak.

...you did order new gaskets, right?

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Sorry, I pop in-and-out a lot. Head gasket and base gasket. You might not need the base gasket if you were careful taking the old jug off. If it's torn or broken up then it needs replaced. Head gasket because they are crushed when installed and you can have problems getting them to seal again.