Is this normal?

GoldenMotor.com

66ccmbjr

Mar 31, 2011
Livonia, MI
Took my expansion chamber off last week when I was going to switch everything to a different bike but ended up staying with what I know works.

Came outside the next day and saw some milky oil coming out and decided to drain it all then clean it with carb cleaner.

Like the post says is this normal for oil to collect in the expansion chamber or am I running too much oil. I was at 20:1 in the pic and just backed down to 25:1 this week. Thinking about backing down more to 32:1. Also I live in Michigan which is getting pretty cold around 40+- degrees F.

leaded50

Oct 29, 2011
Norway
? whatever.... if you had got a watercooled engine, i´d say you got a broken headgasket.
But, as a aircooled 2-stroke, it cant be much other than too much oil, as long as the engine had worked great.. and not lost a lot of compression. semmed it just picked up all moisture around.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Whoa. weird. You're right; it looks kinda milky. Could I see a pic of the bottle of oil you used that made it do that? It got me thinking.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i agree with greybeard. your using to much oil, and going on short rides where the pipe dosen't get hot enough to burn off the moistrue that builds up in the pipe during warm up.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
i agree with greybeard. your using to much oil, and going on short rides where the pipe dosen't get hot enough to burn off the moistrue that builds up in the pipe during warm up.
D'oh. Yeah, I shoulda got that one too. Greybeard nailed it.

On the bright side: there's your excuse to take her out on a long, rip-snortin' cruise on the outskirts of town. :)