I ran over a dead man

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The night before last I was cruising through a dark parking lot, and accidentally ran over a dead man. I almost dumped the Atomic BB. Luckily I was only going about 6 mph at the time, and I hit it at a right angle.

I really need a better headlight. My night vision has gone down the toilette with age. The light I have now cost me about $2 on eBay with free shipping from HK lol.

I was still cool though, because nobody was around to see me looking stupid.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I use a 55 watt driving light for a head light.
So far no dead roadkill.

I know of a guy from Alaska who was charged with murder and spent a year in jail for running over a dead frozen body covered with snow.
The police needed to do something.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I had a friend who was driving through a dark ally one night and ran over a wino's legs. The old guy was sleeping inside a cardboard box with his legs sticking out into the ally.
My buddy called the cops himself and wasn't charged. The wino went to the hospital, probably nicer than his box bed.
Tom

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Luckily I was only going about 6 mph at the time, and I hit it at a right angle.

I really need a better headlight. My night vision has gone down the toilette with age. The light I have now cost me about $2 on eBay with free shipping from HK lol.
Not as lucky as the dead guy! Any back-story here, lol?

Only on a wrench turners forum would the conversation segue seamlessly right into a discussion of better lighting and accessories. rotfl

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Did you run over him twice to make sure? Just Joking Just Joking I know that's bad humor. lol

Where the heck side of town was you in? Did you report it? Poor guy hope he went peacefully..

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
The night before last I was cruising through a dark parking lot, and accidentally ran over a dead man. I almost dumped the Atomic BB. Luckily I was only going about 6 mph at the time, and I hit it at a right angle.

I was still cool though, because nobody was around to see me looking stupid.
I wasn't dead, but thanks for slowing down and looking back!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Was he trying to escape before you hit him ? Oh, you could not see him!! lol.

Why is everybody picking on me! Biknut is wondering if his post was a mistake! ha ha

Ron

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
I once tripped over a dead man, I was busy rubber necking watching the police arrest the guy that had stabbed the dead man 17 times. It was in the middle of a crowded market so I looked pretty stupid as the giant white guy not smart enough to watch where he was walking.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I hope he was dead BEFORE you ran over him. No, I mean I hope for YOUR SAKE he was dead before...No, that doesn't sound good either. I guess I mean that I hope you didn't kill...No, don't wanna start that way. I mean he did die first, THEN you ran him over? No, no, no, too insensitive. Let's see, some lawbreaker killed him first presumably, then in their cruel recklessness they left his body where an innocent wayfarer like yourself might happen upon it in a dangerous fashion. Wow, now I sound like a lawyer.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I guarantee I wasn't happy about it at the time. It took me totally by surprise. All of a sudden there was big bump and my front wheel was doing a wheelie, and then the next thing I know, the rear wheel is doing a wheelie. Of course right about then my foot came off the peddle.