Favorite Movie Scenes

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I just finished watching one of my all time favorite movies, Bullit, and realized that even with today's digital technology there is no car chase scene that comes close to the reality of that movie.

I did a little research because I was curious about the driver of the Dodge Charger who I recognised from another movie with a car chase, 7 Ups, with Roy Sheider. Turns out it is the same stunt driver. Here is an interesting look at that chase and what it took to put it together. I thought my fellow grey beard gear heads would enjoy this > Bullitt - The Greatest Chase of All
Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I loved the chase scene from Bullit... I can also remember a scene from that movie, which I thought was telling in a different way. Steve McQueen went grocery shopping. He bought 7 TV dinners. From a guy who has been married five times, I can relate.

Also the scene from Casablanca, when they play the French national anthem for the new Nazi commander in Rick's Cafe American. So many great movie scenes but they made some the truly terrible movies as well. Those I tend to forget quickly. I would say that Hollywood over all owes me a refund for all the crap I sat through. "Smokey and the bandit 2" comes to mind.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Bullitt is definitely a classic, IMHO. I first saw it as a kid on TV back in the 80's and soon as it came out on DVD, I had to have it. McQueen double-clutching around 'Frisco chasing that Charger is gearhead art.

My favorite scene of all time has to be from my favorite movie: My Cousin Vinny. Marisa Tomei's character in court discussing the infamous '63 Pontiac Tempest and making a fool out of the prosecution.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
My brother was the muscle car lover out of the two of us. Twice a year, memorial day and labor day our neighbor down the street would back his Mach One Mustang out of the garage clean it, run it for about 45 minutes and pull it back into the garage, my brother would drool over that car every time and question why if you owned such a sweet machine you didn't drive it...I digress..

Me, I love old air cooled VW's and other small and gutless cars, (so that is why I motor bike instead of a motorcycle). So the chase scene in The Bourne Identity were Matt Damon tears it up in a Mini, that is some movie magic...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My Cousin Vinny: That pratfall that Joe Pesci takes when he slips in the mud next to the Cadillac is classic. Had to be a stunt double.

League of Their Own: John Lovitz as he comes out of the barn into the barnyard.
"Somebody get these wild animals away from me. Did ya ever hear of a leash?"

Lines from movies that have found their way into our culture:

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

"The idea of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor son of a b**ch die for his."

And of course there's always the classic: "Go ahead, make my day."
And staying with the Eastwood lines: "It all depends on if you feel lucky today; well, do ya, punk?"

Arnie was full of them: "Stick around." and, "I'll be bock."

Anyone else have favorite lines?

Tom

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
For me that black Mopar in fast and furious in the last part of the movie where they drag race makes me turn to jello! That's a Man's car. I cryed when Vin wrecked it. :(

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Got out of the service in '69, seen the movie Bullit for the first time, went to the Grand Spaulding Dodge in Chicago, bought a '70 Dodge Charger, 426 Hemy 4 speed couldn't keep tires on it for love or money, blew the clutch up-right through the floor boards, still got a piece of it in one knee. Damn I wish I still had that car.
buzzard.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Got out of the service in '69, seen the movie Bullit for the first time, went to the Grand Spaulding Dodge in Chicago, bought a '70 Dodge Charger, 426 Hemy 4 speed couldn't keep tires on it for love or money, blew the clutch up-right through the floor boards, still got a piece of it in one knee. Damn I wish I still had that car.
buzzard.
I've always known we had a lot in common. Got home from my second tour in Vietnam and had some cash saved. I alternately went from the Chevy to the Ford dealership and looked at the 69 big block Vett and the the Boss 429. I made a big mistake and chose the Boss. Awesome car, awesome touque but the engine was a bust. Ford stopped making parts for them and I couldn't keep the timing chain/gears in it. Sold that thing in 72 for, (are you ready for this?) $600.00. Couldn't find parts and needed money because I was getting married, another big mistake, so the Boss went away.
Take a guess what a 429 Boss is worth today. Bullitt was on my mind when I made my choice.
Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
I've always known we had a lot in common. Got home from my second tour in Vietnam and had some cash saved. I alternately went from the Chevy to the Ford dealership and looked at the 69 big block Vett and the the Boss 429. I made a big mistake and chose the Boss. Awesome car, awesome touque but the engine was a bust. Ford stopped making parts for them and I couldn't keep the timing chain/gears in it. Sold that thing in 72 for, (are you ready for this?) $600.00. Couldn't find parts and needed money because I was getting married, another big mistake, so the Boss went away.
Take a guess what a 429 Boss is worth today. Bullitt was on my mind when I made my choice.
Tom
Ha, a Ford guy. I sprung for the big block Vette. Cortez Silver, T tops. Nice car. Sold it to help buy a backhoe and dump truck. Wish I still had the vette. Got any other cars you want to sell?

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Tom
The ones that got back alive in one piece from the war were looking for excitment and Hot Cars was the thing. For me it was just too damn expensive. Went into motor cycles instead. Built up a 1964 Harley Panhead
110 inches, bobber. Toured the country till I got my head on straight. Sure like to have seen in The Great Escape when Steve McQueen tried to jump a barbed wire fence in an old German Beemer. One of my favorite movies.
buzzard

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
My former wife had a 5 year old, 69 Couger XR7 with a 428. Thought it had a big engine in it by the sound but learned how big the first time I backed it out of the driveway and stepped on it.

Steve.