Yet another from Texas

GoldenMotor.com

outdoorcat75455

May 23, 2008
Texas
I just became interested in this yesterday. First I was going to go with electric assist, but, then came across these Chinese made 2-strokes. With the price difference and range, I was quickly convinced to go that way. After spending much time researching the laws here in Texas, and I'm still not quite sure what they are, I ordered my engine kit. Now I'm trying to decide what bike to mount it on. I found this forum quite helpful to me in making various decisions, and figured that it could be beneficial joining up. Would especially like to hear about experiences with those here in Texas, with encounters with law enforcement and your motorized bike.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i will let the texas folks answer the questions about riding thier. one thing i know is you will be very happy you went with the gas over electric. the gas ones need more maintenance but the electrics will not climb even small hills and very slow. i have ridden a few different types and not impressed by any of them. the gas motorized bicycle in my book is definitely the way to go. glad to have you with us and welcome to the forum

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum, I'm also a Texas motorized bicycle rider. I have been pulled over by a State Trooper and he told me I was legal, just obey the bicycle laws. I was also pulled over by a city cop that told me I was illegal. So the law enforcement people aren't real sure what the law is either. I just go ahead and ride mine and if I see a cop I kill the engine and start pedaling.

When you get started building don't be afraid to ask questions. We have some very talented people here on the forum that are more than willing to help....................:D

Hamop

Jul 2, 2008
Got a 80 cc on the way,will build when i get it! at the least will find out what is going on with the kits,and the Texas law HA!!! i'am going riding, like one of the members said just kill the motor and start pedaling HA!!! anyone tell me about the brake in period,should one ride short distances first and let it cool or what?this is going to be a blast!(c)