Searching for Micargi Royal Dutch

GoldenMotor.com

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Does anyone know of a vendor selling the Micargi Royal Dutch? It's a new stretch cruiser built on fat wheels. Same lines as the old model Royal, just built around fat wheels. It's in their online catalog, but so far I haven't found a single reputable looking vendor that has it offered for sale. It's not possible to order direct from Micargi right? It's simple enough to find the old Royal, but not the fat Royal Dutch. Maybe it's just too new, hasn't gotten out there yet?

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
I'm just following up since this got 200 views and no replies. I'm still looking for somewhere to get one of these, and some vendors have started showing up in searches. I reached out to Chubby's Bikes and they replied saying that they don't stock it, but they can special order it. So there's hope!

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Yeah, the nearest listed dealer to me is a 3 hour drive away. I haven't been seriously looking this whole time, I keep coming back to it occasionally. If I do pick one of these up, I'm not sure about motorizing plans for it. I'd like to build an electric bike at some point, and I'd also like to build a horizontal 4 stroke with a multi speed auto trans. I'm just in fantasyland right now. I'll most likely just pedal it around for a while.

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
What would really be cool is a fat tire Puma or mustang. and 7 speed with disc brakes.
Yeah, they have the Sluggo which is available with 7spd and discs. If I were to motorize the Royal Dutch I'd be rebuilding the hubs and would def do discs, off the shelf it's rear coaster only.