snowboard saddle

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Picked up a snowboard at a swap meet for a dollar. Gonna try my hand a a spring seat. Has a nice curled back and wider than the ole skateboard. The springs are 2" diameter, so I'll find four 2 1/8 old hole saws(swap meet) to use as cups to hold springs. How to mount the rear of the saddle is the head scratcher.

Attachments

Last edited:

acainet

Jan 19, 2017
UK
welcome to my Big Test

welcome to my Big Test

i'm planning to do Big Test for can check how it can work

ragdolldude

May 6, 2016
Mira Loma, CA
I've seen some Harley sites for DIY spring seats. HD front hinge with inserts to avoid wear, and a tab to affix to seat bottom. They also have radiused bases with tips for springs that weld to frame. You may have to use some tome of spring to dampen the "bounce return" from a big bump, so the seat won't shoot you off the bike.

ragdolldude

May 6, 2016
Mira Loma, CA
Do you have any close ups of seat modification? I was considering potentially of doing something similar to the seat of new build I'm having done that will be ready soon? Where did you get that large seat saddle?

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Hey CB, I might have to use the type spring you used. The bracket to support the rear springs might look out of sorts with the rest of the bike.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Making this work, will get me off the 'rear suspension' train. I get a second attempt at the pan shape with the other end of the snowboard....

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Hey CB, amazon(eBay too) has a front seat mount w/ the 3" springs ill be ordering for mounting the 'snowboard saddle'...but, I suppose I have build a bike for it...

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Scratch this thread...its not going to work. Ok hold on. I'm going to use a shock instead of springs.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Well, I thought of all I have to do, fab a mount for attaching springs to seat,mount for attaching springs to frame, a front hinge mount, then pad and seat cushion....and the ease of just slipping a cloud 9 on was the easier softer way to go. Hey where you at on your bike??

Last edited:

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Well, I thought of all I have to do, fab a mount for attaching springs to seat,mount for attaching springs to frame, a front hinge mount, then pad and seat cushion....and the ease of just slipping a cloud 9 on was the easier softer way to go. Hey where you at on your bike??
Haha yea. Well that whole paragraph that you wrote there is where I'm at! Except I'm gonna do it with a shock. been riding a lot.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
New plan for seat. What concerns me is the width of the seat and mounting in such a way as not to wobble. I suppose a 2 or 2 1/2" wide hinge strap??

Attachments

Last edited: