1937 columbia replica build and question

GoldenMotor.com

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Thanks Harold! Yes fall is my favorite time of the year for doing everything, just wish that long 6 month winter wasn't behind it. What you said reminded me a story my father told me ...Oh yea gotta watch out for the wet leaves... My dad had his 46 indian go down one fall eve. After he brushed himself off he examined the road behind him in the dark and found one single wet leaf in the road and clear tire tracks where his chief instantly went sideways. Spill bars saved him from any serious injury. My dads long passed but we still cherish and have his original indian looking good and running after all these years. I Still have a photo or two of him on it.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
That's Kool. Sad we have to lose brothers.
Looks like maybe a 37 Ford in the background,thanks
A friend of my brothers, stashed a old Indian in my dads garage for a few days. I think he come home from somewhere didn't have a place right at the time. Fell in love with it, used to gets rids on Harley gas tank when i was a kid, family cousins, and one cop that was a friend of my dads...........Curt

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
That's Kool. Sad we have to lose brothers.
Looks like maybe a 37 Ford in the background,thanks
A friend of my brothers, stashed a old Indian in my dads garage for a few days. I think he come home from somewhere didn't have a place right at the time. Fell in love with it, used to gets rids on Harley gas tank when i was a kid, family cousins, and one cop that was a friend of my dads...........Curt
Yea i miss my older brothers a ton, they were both amazing guys that always gave great amounts of their time and taught me endless things. Yep, Old motorcycles had so much simple class. It's what attracts me to building these simple motorbikes for sure. Simple Function over form in our contraptions makes me smile whether riding or just tinkering.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Kind of just the opposite here, my brother is still alive but has been in CA. sence 58. But anytime i get to see him i am the teacher, and helper. We would make a good team if he were closer, sad don't see him every few years.
Ya putzing with cars all these years and now the simplicity of the bike, is more fun then cars. I like building from scratch, sure takes time but really rewarding. Like you and your details that make it count.............Curt

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Those are possibly the most fun riding bikes to motorize period. It feels like you went thru a time warp to the year they are styled after and while KC did an awesome job converting the tank hiding it like you did has a benefit. The fake tank on the one I built made this incredible noise that somehow complimented the sound. I HATE rattles and vibrations and it's not that but somehow the sides acted like a speaker and madd this cool harmonic with the motor, I don't know if the new version will do the same. I put a moustache style handlebar on it and it was beyond fun to ride.
Happy motoring and beautiful build.
Oh shoot the reasone I responded in the first place. I think your good on the carb angle just do a few exploritory pulls up to steady high rpm amd be ready to closs the throttle at even a hint of leaning out. I think it's safe from the pic though or I wouldn't recomend that method. It's possible to re set the float level and run a touch more in the bowl but almost more of a pain than building an intake.