got new kit today need help

GoldenMotor.com

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
My new engine has blue and black wires my old engine has light blue black and a white wire that's connected to a yellow wire I am confused!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Blue to light blue, black to black, the white wire is a power wire for lights.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Dav, just splice one of the kill switch wires to one from the cdi/engine connections and the other one to the other cdi/engine connection.

The colour doesn't matter as it is just a switch button to short the circuit.

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
Not sure yet still gotta hook up chain and throttle! I have funny feeling about the kill switch shorting something out can I just not go without it? I hooked yellow wire to black and green wire to blue coming from cdi connecters! thanks alot for your help I will let you know if I fail or not lol

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Dav, sorry about my poor choice of words. The kill switch/button grounds out the electricity and stops the engine. I made it sound like sparks would fly out and components getting fried.

My bad.

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
Its all good chaz! Honestly like I said I am no mechanic I spent my whole weekend working on this POS DO NOT KNOW WHY I BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE!about to throw it out window! Now trying to feed chain through stripped screw ends on cheap screws trying to get dam plate cover off! Its not happening so i pulled clutch lever in got chain almost through and the mfer quit turning!!

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
These little buggers can test your skill and patience for sure. Everyone on this forum has been there.

The frozen drive sprocket cover screws can be fairly common from what I've read here. If I recall they are quite roomy slots and need a bigger bit. Anyway the key is to really match the size of the driver used. You might have to lean into it. Possible tapping with a hammer while you turn.

Also, just in case you haven't done it, take out the plug so you can turn the sprocket without having to push in the clutch lever at the same time.

you'll get there