Double Kickstand Recommendations

GoldenMotor.com

kite surfer

Feb 19, 2016
Gulfport, MS
I am looking for recommendations for a good double leg kickstand. I purchased this kickstand..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ventura-Ste...900917?hash=item3f5fb90635:g:eoYAAOSwLpdW96Il

And honestly its a weak piece of poo. It flexes a ton, and the legs don't go up very high when retracted. The kick stand legs will drag the ground when doing deep turns. I think I can modify the legs to go up higher, but I shouldn't have to do this. So I think I will just get another better built double kickstand.
What do you recommend?

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
There is one in the swap shop. I'm getting rid of it is probly the best they make for a bolt on!

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I cant give any advice as I have tried 3 different Center stands and they are all pretty pathetic in being stable and they all hang angled and very low when lifted. So much... that they seem very dangerous if cornering too sharp. I was disappointed over and over. I would not bother buying a different one you most likely will just get the same problem with all of them. Better modify it if you can. mine hang within 2 inches of the ground and look like you forgot to put it up.
NOTE TO MFGs AND DEALERS: THESE CENTER STANDS ARE POTENTIALLY VERY DANGEROUS when cornering. Also no instructions come with any that I purchased and I found that odd also. I was about to try the wavy one you bought Kite surfer to see if it was better but I see that one did not work either...
I simply do not understand these bike accessory engineers at times. Did you notice none of the companies show them in the retracted position installed on a bike. Hmmm. It would of been no harder or more expensive for them to make it so it lifts flat at a 90 degree angle. My kids Razor scooter has a better kick stand than one I can buy for a bike. The whizzer one would be great is it retracted all the way to a 90 degree angle when kicked up and its over twice the price so would like to know if it retracts at a full 90, that alone would make it worth it . So the question is what Bike center stands retract to 90 degrees...I would like to know also.

Last edited:

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Here is a bad photo but it shows just how close these center stands are to scraping the ground. Yep this is fully up and looks like if I take it apart to modify it, I may never get it back together... or it will be super easy, but I will try this week.

Attachments

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I was intrigued by that one when I saw a video on you tube about it. Ill look at it again.
Thanks LR

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I've tried a few and never found one I was happy with and finally made my own for less than $15 in materials

Reactions: Loop

kite surfer

Feb 19, 2016
Gulfport, MS
Yeah Ziptie, ive already had a close call on a tight corner, I felt the stand drag then it kicked the back tire up just a bit. The bike had a quick jerk then straightened up. It ended up bending the stand just a bit. I guess if were a better built stand, that back tire would have kicked all the way out.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Sounds like a very close call! now for sure ...I'm going to alter mine Monday that's bolted on a gt2a with my angle grinder, so it will retract up all the way and then also hack the legs off so it lifts the bike just a 1/4 inch, reattactch those purdy rubber feet and it should be a safe kick stand. There are two notches that I just have to cut deeper after looking at it with glasses and good light.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Thanks much for the Link and the recommendation fasteddy! I looked at them and they have several. Ill study them better after I try to alter the one I have and if I fail...lol. Great future source and looks like they have some very nice other fun parts too

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Your welcome ZipTie. I was looking at them for the tri car so I could pedal start it and I remember them being recommended and then I saw your thread.

Lots of great parts for sure.

Steve.