Frame mounted CY460R SHIFTER!!!

GoldenMotor.com

dchevygod

May 23, 2014
Colorado springs
Cool!
What you want for the seat post bar above the pedal sprockets is called a 'Jump Stop', it keeps the chain from jumping off the front sprocket when you are in 1st.
Cool I knew there was something for that I had forgotten the name.

I started and rode the bike for the first time today, about 500-600 yards and the motor drive chain fell off. I anticipated that and need a heavier gadge steel plate to beef up the mount " the 6 inch channel is thin " cause its flexing too much. Also a spring tensioner for good measure. The gears shifted well I'm pleased so far.

dchevygod

May 23, 2014
Colorado springs
Yeah I put 30 miles on it yesterday, the chain I used is some old and some new and its apparent that the old stuff was stretched and is binding a bit, the tensioner is working thru it though. Just need some new t8f chain.

I had to put the stock exhaust on upside down after the ride though. The HT muffler is too heavy and it hits my frame or cranks depending on which side its tightened towards. :( got a little ding in the frame from it rubbing and pulled out a few threads on the exhaust flange :mad . Its not bad just a ding but man I regret using that ugly ass muffler!

The left side thumb throttle is weird at first no doubt, but I like it! The pedal chain was popping off on up and down shifts occasionally when the power band kicked on unexpectedly so I pulled out 5 links and need to test it today. Hope I have solved the chain problems! All the gears function too! 1st is awesome! And i still have the 34t cassette wheel to put on ;) 8th is really high! Unusable unless on a downhill or a flat at high speeds. GPS said 43mph top speed yesterday in 6th and there was rev left before I tried an upshift and the pedal chain came off,

Need a good head/tail light combo now, any suggestions?

Last edited:

dchevygod

May 23, 2014
Colorado springs
4.5ish HP is a bit too much for a HD 4stroke mount plate, Its dimpled! It did do about what I had expected. 43mph in 6th with more rev to go before the chain popped off on the upshift! I am positive that making a heavier gauge steel plate will fix the issue but I am tossing around the idea to make a thick AL mount plate and either get a TIG machine and do it myself, or have it welded in.

I kinda expected issues to show themselves. So I rode it like a dirt bike, I guess it was a bit too hard. Though the weird looks you get from the drivers when keeping up with traffic is priceless! I may switch to the KC style belt reduction and switch to a ported G43 engine and flip the motor orrientation before I attempt a custom pipe for this monster!

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I am positive that making a heavier gauge steel plate will fix the issue but I am tossing around the idea to make a thick AL mount plate and have it welded in.
That's what I'm doing with the GT2A frames.

No bending or flexing with that ;-}