Anyone ever tried these led headlights

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Here's the first one- for six bucks a pop I'd like to get two for side by side, one as low beam and both on as high beam, with the high one angled level.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-M...3ec249b&pid=100033&rk=2&rkt=4&sd=361096813998

Or this one- has a ring of LEDs for low I guess and a bigger center one for high-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Univers...-US-/331500419815?hash=item4d2ef6fae7&vxp=mtr

I would like to rig up all 12v lights hi lo front and brake/tail back, parallel off a 10cell rechargeable pack that I can swap out quick. Thought about going with drum front dynamo but liking my current brake and lazy to build another wheel.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I've used the first one and it works good. It's regulated like they say and I run it on an ebike at 48 volts.

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
Thanks Tyler - DRBS never posted any video or detailed photos of this 12v booster. I private message him about it and waiting for his response.

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
Tyler - if the white wire has a 6v current running through it, can I just use a 5v led headlight? Also, which wire should I use for ground?

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
Do you guys even use headlights? I ride mostly at night so lights are a priority for me. Having a headlight that powers from your motor instead of battery should be a major break through for the 60cc motors!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
The "white wire" is what you would use and the reference is frame ground.

The "white wire" is also AC, not DC. You could power both an LED headlight and tail light from this wire reversing polarity and both would fire every half cycle.

You will also not want to use anything that has any sort of regulator in it.

Go buy some LEDs cheap off ebay and play!

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Do you guys even use headlights? I ride mostly at night so lights are a priority for me. Having a headlight that powers from your motor instead of battery should be a major break through for the 60cc motors!
To be honest, I don't really ride at night that often. I just have 2 of THESE on my handlebars. The good thing about these are that they are very bright, you can adjust the beam, they fit in the mounts so they can't vibrate loose and you can easily remove them to use as a flash light on the side of the road if needed. Works for me.
.wee.

Last edited:

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
The "white wire" is what you would use and the reference is frame ground.

The "white wire" is also AC, not DC. You could power both an LED headlight and tail light from this wire reversing polarity and both would fire every half cycle.

You will also not want to use anything that has any sort of regulator in it.

Go buy some LEDs cheap off ebay and play!
Do you think these would work? I can use the positive wire to connect to the "white wire" and black on the frame to ground. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-XML-T6...-Waterproof-/151678496443?hash=item2350be2ebb

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
To be honest, I don't really ride at night that often. I just have 2 of THESE on my handlebars. The good thing about these are that they are very bright, you can adjust the beam, they fit in the mounts so they can't vibrate loose and you can easily remove them to use as a flash light on the side of the road if needed. Works for me.
.wee.
I've used similar flashlights in the past and got tired of changing and replacing batteries. Utilizing the engine to power headlights is the way to go, especially for night riders like myself.