Dave31 BoXer

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Re: Dave31 scsw BoXer

I am prolly getting about 70 ish mpg never really cared to check. All of my so called on off throttle episodes went completely away after I learned how to tune my carb. At times I can go as slow as 5 miles an hour. Absolutely any speed I choose is dead on ''steady'' after 10 miles per hour..

24x3.0 rear tire 52 tooth sprocket 11 tooth at the motor.. I am running this arrangement since the last carb fixin...Stock S6S 3 shoe clutch with just one of the two thin smaller shims taken out ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( / / and I change the clutch oil fairly often.
This thing will flat out tear up a neighborhood block its quick... Top speed is about 40 mph..

Last edited:

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal

Thanks, it really helped.

But, according to the numbers:

Either Dave has a 5.4 or he is getting really good mileage when you compare it to your bike. He said he gestimates 25-30 on 1.5L. 4 liters is about 1 gallon. So he could get about 70-80 MPG. That's not bad.
Im completely guessing here (on MPG) but ask any of the other guys who were on the last San Diego 70 miler with me, with all the WOT we were doing she was drinking gas. If I recall I filled up the 1 gallon jug in my backpack twice during the trip and i may have given some gas away to other riders but i also cannibalized some fuel from broken down chinas most of the way.

By the way I only run Opti-2 100:1 since day one.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Naw Reason I asked Cory was the 100 to one ratio I would have to reckon run's you quite a bit richer on fuel air ratio? I had a lot of fun tuning up here at high altitude. Switching The W7 needle from the stock W9 for the PHBG del carb is the last thing I that gave me very steady low speed cruising speeds..

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.

Yup, definitely a nasty case of chain bite.
The Nylon/Teflon/chain slider countersunk screw fix will work as well as goats sprocket change.
I hate to throw the "designer" under the bus, but it is a design flaw that should be addressed on all new SCSW frames and they should offer a retro fit repair to all SCSW owners free of charge.
Thats if you can get them to answer the phone.
FR

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

I am not really having any probs at all with mine once I understood what was going on. I have been clean across town with a Chevy starter in a back pack and on another occasion I even carried one of my new S6C motors in a back pack same way to a friends house to show it to him. I carry bookoo amounts of groceries on the handle bars as well. sacks of potatoes you name it;)

Here is a cargo pict of one of my first bikes full sus too that I first built.
http://motorbicycling.com/members/goat-herder-albums-bikes-picture685-p1010008.jpg
http://motorbicycling.com/attachments/f3/28652d1283392806-cargo-004.jpg
http://motorbicycling.com/attachments/f3/28653d1283392817-cargo-003.jpg

I have put this BoXer bike through a bunch of use. I am not gonna ramp it or do wild BMX stunts. Honestly it is working perfect for me here in the city.

I had a old motorcycle here for parts etc. It had a 12 tooth engine sprocket . I did some retro fitting with it welded it to the ground down hub of a 10 tooth embodiment and stuck it on my S6S BoXer went to a very fast ridiculous speed that day!! The 12 tooth just clears the motor with a bit 0 retro. I did not like it and switched back to the 11 tooth.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

I've got the day off today and the dirt tires are going on and headed for pinal Air park today. Been wanting to get out there for a while now.

Just hope my MX track I made for the BoXer years ago is still there, and its not too muddy with the recent rain we have had.

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/arizona_03339/ride_b489.htm

If my buddy goes with me hopefully i can get some cool video of the BoXer on a MX track.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

How was it Dave? Was you track still there? My in laws are moving to Chandler in a few months, is that anywhere near you? If so, I'll be bringing the BoXer with me when I visit. :)

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

How was it Dave? Was you track still there? My in laws are moving to Chandler in a few months, is that anywhere near you? If so, I'll be bringing the BoXer with me when I visit. :)
Did not make it, my buddy's fuel pump decided to give out on his Chevy Avalanche leaving us stranded on the side of the Interstate.

By the time we got it towed, and a new fuel pump; there had been a few beers between the old pump and the new pump going on so...nobody really felt like driving anymore after that lol.

Hopefully I can go there sometime this week and get some kool video and helmet cam action.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Dave, how is your shoulder doing?
Still gives me problems when I over do it. But all in all its not too bad. I don't think it will ever be the same.

One thing that has bothered me, is I cannot throw like i used to. My shoulder just does not like that throwing motion anymore.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

I've been there Dave. I suffered for years with my shoulder constantly popping out. Rehab doesn't work, only surgery will get you back to 100%.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Need to lose some weight, I've got the suspension as stiff as possible and the boXer still bottoms out on the smallest of jumps.

Even added more suspension fluid in the forks then recommended and it really did not help. All it did was blow my seals on my forks.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Yup. Stiffer springs is what you need.
You might consider buying outside the mountainbike world...I'd try a car coil over for better damping and stiffer springs.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Figured its around that time to replace my silencer packing. Very surprised on how clean it is? Kinda shocked actually, does not even look like its been ran?

This really has me bothered. I dont know that sure looks like a lean condition but thats not what my plug says?

Maybe one of my buddy's washed it and did not tell me? Thats all I can think of?