Still nice people in this world!

GoldenMotor.com

nathanmd33

Sep 23, 2013
Watkinsville Ga
So today I rode my M.B. and I must have dropped my wallet in the middle of the road which had 40 bucks my Paypal debit card and my Learners permit. I had no idea I had lost it. about 5 hours later someone rings our doorbell and asks if there is a Nathan Daniels here. naturally going through my head I am thinking what I did. but then they return the wallet! ahhh :)
when you are 15 and someone returns a wallet with money its a big deal haha

lesson learned: Make sure you check to make sure you have it from a return or just don't take it at all!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
When riding maybe put your wallet in your front pocket. Like I have said before " Honesty is doing the right thing when no one is looking".

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Good story, Nate. Thanks for sharing. Yes there are some good folks around. I wish the news media would share more of those kinds of stories because there are lots of them out there.

I had a similar experience several years ago. I had apparently left my check book/credit card holder laying on the roof of my car and it had fallen off. The man who found it got my address from my checks and brought it to my house. Nothing missing and he absolutely refused to take any compensation. Kind of restores your faith in humanity, doesn't it?

Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Good to hear a story like that. I dropped my wallet once while pedalling my bicycle home from work. Somebody picked it up and called me to come get it.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thank you for sharing nate, that is awesome. yes their is a lot of good people out their and a lot of them are part of our motorized bicycle community

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
thank you for sharing nate, that is awesome. yes their is a lot of good people out their and a lot of them are part of our motorized bicycle community
Wow, neat! I've had so MANY countless times of where I've dropped wallets and other things and had them returned unscathed and in perfect condition! Alot of people would just take the money, and everything usable and trash the rest in a ditch or garbage can or who knows where. The mailmen also deliver someone else's mail to MY address when their street runs parallel to mine because the house numbers are the SAME but the street addresses are different, so..everytime......I run it over to him. It's HARD to find people that are so nice, most kids today are pretty snobby from what I've seen( I started building motor assisted bicycles at a young age too) I've had punks come up to my bike when I've been riding and throw footballs at me, swear, smack my bike with skateboards, throw bottles. I always help people out if I can, if I can track them down to their address to return something, I'll do it. Within reason anyway, if they live far away I'd probably mail them their lost item. I love meeting with fellow motorized bicycle members and other enthusiasts, when everyone enjoys the same hobby and you get together, it's PERFECT, and it's fun too! Also, have any pictures of your build Nate? I'd like to see!drn2

nathanmd33

Sep 23, 2013
Watkinsville Ga
Yes I live in a neighborhood where all the names of the street are like Christian terrace, Christian Lane, Christian court, etc. I am running mail over to out neighbors all the time haha. Also I went riding down this road and a bunch of kids were playing football and started chasing me they through the football at me but missed. I sped away!

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Yes I live in a neighborhood where all the names of the street are like Christian terrace, Christian Lane, Christian court, etc. I am running mail over to out neighbors all the time haha. Also I went riding down this road and a bunch of kids were playing football and started chasing me they through the football at me but missed. I sped away!
Lol, that is funny! It's funny how people like harassing me, oh he's on a ****ty bike, he, can't get away, I drop the clutch and VRROOOOOM! see ya! Then they're in for a shock...it never gets old.