things I know and things I hope

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I know that hub motor kits are way way over priced.
I hope that the new MIT all in one hub motor will drive the price on the others down. I am perfectly content with the hub motor as it is except for the price.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I know I would like to have an electric rickshaw for the furniture market in town.
I know it is totally impractical since you couldn't charge batteries fast enough to stay in service long enough to earn it's keep. Well maybe if I started with a trike. tossed the basket and replaced it with a seat for two facing backwards. I could used the space under the seat for huge battery pack. Then if I had a recharge station somewhere to switch out the packs half way through I might could swing it with a few extra packs.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Yea, that's it. A Rickshaw with a couple of big deep cycle batteries. I know I've used deep cycle batteries on a trolling motor for a boat for a couple of days without a recharge. And thats pulling a 600+ lbs around. Plus a deep cycle battery is made to be charged and discharged. And you could put a big solar panel on top of the shade for a little trickle charge and to keep it green. You don't want anything taking away from the aesethetics..........................

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Good plan... I would have to find a charging station somewhere but I'm sure someone would rent me a plug. Or maybe there is something in the city or county complex I could use lol..

what I really want is a motorized hot dog cart. Now that would really be cool. I bet a motorized trike could be converted to a hot dog cart then converted back after the market. Heck every fair and festival could use one of those. That you could probably charge with a solar panel since you wouldn't be draining it much sitting in one or two places..

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I know there is a registration and tax of mopeds coming. We can fight all we want but this new administrations is going to create shortfalls in revenue and they are going to tax us to death. They may keep your income tax down for a year but it's going up as well.

The point is I got a note saying they plan to register mopeds where I live. That of course is going to require a fee. It is nothing more than a hidden tax. In my case my bike is more hobby than necessity, but I see guys on them in the rush hour traffic. Those scooters are really basic transportation for the poor people around here. It's a real shame to tax them more. It also goes against this help the little guy philosophy they claim to have in the "changed" government.

They gave us a couple bucks a week in some folks pay checks(Im retired) for a year but are also going to put fifty dollars a week in hidden taxes on us all. Those are not going to be temporary. I have no idea why people don't see that.

Now that's what I know.

Here is what I hope. I have a front wheel hub motor on the bubba bike. I have my batteries concealed in the bike trailer I made. I put them in boxes and made a cover for the boxes. To the top of the boxes I attached a basket. I do not plan to register it period. As far as I am concerned it is a bicycle not a moped. I have not tried to hide the wire but I will do so today.

I hope no one ever asks, but yes I will pay the fine, if some police officer wants to waste his time on me. Most likely it will only come up if I am involved in an accident. If I am involved in an accident with an automobile a fine for not being registered will most likely be the least of my problems.

Yes it is a small, insignificant rebellion, but then we are the rebel types here. At least some of us still are, even with the lower testosterone levels

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I don't plan to register my bikes or my guns, but I did write the state rep and tell him what a bad idea this is. Registering mopeds amounts to a tax on the poorest of our workers. Like I said before if you don't believe it take a look at the rush hour traffic and see how many of this things buzz by.

poopnbeans

Mar 16, 2009
ellicottville,n.y.14731
As long as we're talking the gov. Did you know that as of feb. 10th 09 ALL ATV'S and DIRTBIKES are BANNED for kids under the age of 12 !!NEW, USED, PARTS ,ACCESORIES,ALL OF IT !!!! due to the LEAD content of " THE PARTS". WRITE you're congressman!!! I'M OUTRAGED all americans should be. Try explaining that to you're ten year old. google up YOUTH ATV BAN. "ONES FUN TWO'S A RACE" dnutdnut IF YOU'RE GONNA LET YOU'RE KID CHEW ON THE MOTOR FIN YA MIGHT REEVALUATE IF YA SHOULD REPRODUCE!!! WILLIAM also check out what the one and only MALCOLM SMITH is doing about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!