searching for network guru....

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have a hard wire cable network now. It has a cable router hooked to my dsl modem. I need to hook a wireless router to the dsl. Since I have a spare cable to the cable router can I just hook it into the wireless router. In other words can I run a wireless router into a cable router that is hooked to a dsl modem.

it's a complicated reason I want to do it. I can do it another way but it isn't my first choice by any means. This is my first choice since it would be the simplest way.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
turns out it was easier than i ever expected. I just switched some wires around and eliminated the old router completely. It could not have been simpler.

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
No wonder I don't have a job.

Now put that laptop in the garage with the bike.

I don't want to here about how you mount the laptop to the bike though and I will not mention that you could go a fair bit from home with an omni directional antenna on the roof.

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
lapper is the better half's toy. I have this old monster to help me waste time.
Yeah, I remember when you were looking for a computer nerd. I really am glad to hear that you got the wireless up without any issues. I would hate for you to be offline, since I love reading your exploits.

I have been thinking about moving my router into the garage, since I can mount it higher to support my wireless cameras and computers. Somehow I have managed to not have a running computer in any garage in my entire computer related career.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have my dsl modem there and on old old computer. That one was there to order a new one if this one broke. Becky has the new laptop so it is probably going in the trash along with my car when she retires.

When she retires and I sell the car I will officially be a bike person. The car on the street for sale will probably come pretty close to the 250 Im supposed to get as an incentive to buy something. Most likely I will buy another bigger e-bike, but maybe not.