looking for a NT carb float

GoldenMotor.com

SKY120

Aug 31, 2013
Rockford, IL
Hey everyone!! I still have to do a intro but I have a quick question... I am looking for a replacement carb float for my neighbor who isn't so internet savy. Its an NT carb and while I have found some floats everyone wants $9-10 to ship one. I'm just looking for a vendor that has reasonable shipping on a couple of them so he can get his bike back on the road..
Thanks for any leads!
Darren

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
The last NT Speed carb I bought on eBay only cost $12 DELIVERED. Keep your eyes open.
Curious: was the float lost or just damaged? I imagine repairing it would be rather simple.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hey everyone!! I still have to do a intro but I have a quick question... I am looking for a replacement carb float for my neighbor who isn't so internet savy. Its an NT carb and while I have found some floats everyone wants $9-10 to ship one. I'm just looking for a vendor that has reasonable shipping on a couple of them so he can get his bike back on the road..
Thanks for any leads!
Darren
Here's a link to a New and complete NT carb shipped to your door for $10.99, just get the new carb and then he will have multiple parts for what he needs now and anything he may need in the future.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-...447?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c2bbd177

Hope this helps, best way to go in my opinion.

Map
reddd

Jan 13, 2011
WEST MIFFLIN PA
I found a vendor, I think it may have been Dax/Duane. Bought a carb and the float to justify the shipping. Probably a few other odds ends. He also told me how to fix float.

Submerge in hot water, mark where bubbles escape.
Enlarge hole slightly.
Poke small hole on opposite side.
Blow out gas.
Re-seal both holes w warm soldering iron, smearing around warmed plastic w tip.
Re-check in water.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Watch what you buy/get. This isn't common but it can cause you some problems. There are two different size floats for the NT carburetor. One will not fit the jet tubes of some newer carbs because the center hole is smaller and it won't slip up and down on the tube. You can use the bigger one in any carb but if you get the smaller one you might have to sand down the outer diameter of the tube to get it to work.

I had a guy bring me his bike and said it was always flooding. He had replaced his float with one from an older NT and the float was sticking on the jet tube. It doesn't take much. I chucked the tube in my drill and used some 180 grit sandcloth and made the float work just fine.

Just another one of those little quality control issues we have to put up with.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Watch what you buy/get. This isn't common but it can cause you some problems. There are two different size floats for the NT carburetor. One will not fit the jet tubes of some newer carbs because the center hole is smaller and it won't slip up and down on the tube. You can use the bigger one in any carb but if you get the smaller one you might have to sand down the outer diameter of the tube to get it to work.

I had a guy bring me his bike and said it was always flooding. He had replaced his float with one from an older NT and the float was sticking on the jet tube. It doesn't take much. I chucked the tube in my drill and used some 180 grit sandcloth and made the float work just fine.

Just another one of those little quality control issues we have to put up with.

Tom
Thanks for the heads up on his situation Tom..... never heard about this before so this is nice to know.

Map reddd