engine help

GoldenMotor.com

hipnotic

Mar 20, 2013
USA
Hi my bike was running good for about the first hundred miles.... Then it just wouldnt go as fast and then it would just idle and not even go when i tried. I got a replacement nt carb and it would run with it but only like 5-7 mph and then it would die. So I figured Id try a speed carb and the same thing is happening I have to play with the choke to get it started and then hold the clutch in immediatly otherwise it wont run. Even when I go 5-7 mph I have to hold the clutch in a little otherwise it will die. Whats the problem?!?!? When I first got it I was doing 30mph no problem.

LINK TO THE CARB I JUST PUT ON
http://www.ebay.com/itm/48cc-gas-bi...prg=1006&rk=1&sd=190815404821&#ht_3120wt_1018

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
sounds a bit like your fuel isn't flowing properly, but could be a blown seal

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
first, you'd check your fuel flow - a common problem is a gas cap with the vent-hole plugged, but also check both filters and sometimes you need to take out the drain on the carb and watch gas flow out for a while

seals are a bit harder to check if there is no sign of leakage around them - but usually there is (also check that your main bearings aren't lifting the seal by trying to pry up on each end of the crank)

hipnotic

Mar 20, 2013
USA
first, you'd check your fuel flow - a common problem is a gas cap with the vent-hole plugged, but also check both filters and sometimes you need to take out the drain on the carb and watch gas flow out for a while

seals are a bit harder to check if there is no sign of leakage around them - but usually there is (also check that your main bearings aren't lifting the seal by trying to pry up on each end of the crank)
okay just saw this after i got in from my bike. I took off the clutch cap just to see if anything looked odd and i hit the sprocket under the cap a couple times with some plyers for what ever reason,not hard though. Noticed my carb was a little off so i turned it the other way a little bit. Took my bike out and it had power and speed(like 25mph) for about a block then it died and would have the same power and speed as it did before(nothing). Also after that I would have to mess with the choke to get it started and idle but it wouldnt propel more than 7mph about and then it would bog down and die after about 30 feet.
Ill try what you said tomorrow as its dark now. Also if this info gave you any other idea of what it could be Id be happy to try it. Thanks! Im new to this so I appoligize for my stupidity.