Schwinn jaguar

GoldenMotor.com

vooodooou

Jul 26, 2009
usa
Hi i found a Schwinn jaguar with the tank that has the horn in it, front rack and back rack, it looks to been in a garage from the 60 light to medium rust on all chrome paint is faded tires are rotting off but it as all there. he wants $150 what do you all think good buy or not? he will not come down at all all ready tried.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If I could find a complete (original) Jag I'd pay $150.00 for it. I have two current, (Chinese) Jags from Target. They're okay, built well enough for my kind of riding but a Chicago Jaguar? You bet. I saw one last spring here in Denver; the guy was asking $350.00 for it and it was missing the handlebars. If you go for it, please post a picture for us.
Tom

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Yes, that would make a very nice ride and knowing that you have a really well made frame under you gives a lot of peace of mind. Unless you butcher it in converting to motorized, it will keep it's value and increase as years go by. $150 is a good deal. Stainless steel wool, very fine, will do wonders on that old chrome. And the old, faded paint just says out loud that it is the real deal and not a reproduction. I know that when you look at a brand new one it is tempting because they look so nice and you could get one ready for a motor for about the same price... but check the weight of the fenders and wheels, the quality of the chrome... pick up the whole bike and feel how substantial it is... just asking for a motor, I think!
Silverbear