bought my thruster fixie HELP

GoldenMotor.com

Johnc123

Jun 21, 2012
Ohio
So I went to Wally wold today and they had the rare green and blue truster fixie. Bike in stock it also has nice caliper brake and strong l frame but there's one problem if I turn the bike upside down and pedel it the chain loosens and tightens slightly when its in free wheel it looks as if the bearing or whatever in the middle of the sproket is unbalnced its barely noticible but I'm just wondering if its safe to put a china girl on it or not I would return it but they are sold out of this color and the warehouse is also sold out of the color and on walmarts website so will it be okay to keep it? Thanks

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
As long as the chain stays on it should be okay. Sounds like almost every other bike I've seen. Very few bikes of ANY brand or quality have perfectly centered hubs.

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
With the bike upside down check the chain in several spots. Reverse the wheel and do the same with the other sprocket. That will tell you if it is a rear sprocket. You can clamp a pointer near a sprocket and see it the sporckets are true. If they are it is the chain if they run out it is the sprockets. Be sure to check the main sprocket too.