Where is my plaque

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The one that is awarded to men who distinguish themselves in stupidity. I have officially been humiliated. The freezer door on my two year old refrigerator freezer began to open by itself yesterday. It had a weak seal for a few days but I really hoped it was not going on the fritz.

So when my wife began to find it open I checked it out. The seal looked as though it were stretched but still holding. I kept hearing about that being the weak point so I was willing to accept it even though it looked fine. Except that it was a little stretched looking on the door end it looked like new.

So I cleaned it ect but nothing helped. I tied a bungee cord on it to keep tension on it and it seemed fine. Take the cord off and it worked it's way open. I rearranged the contents but it did no good.

So I broke down and called a repairman. he came in, removed the ice bucket, shut the door. It was just fine immediately. The seal was tight and everything. I was shocked since that same ice bucket had been in the frig since it was new. There was however a big lump of ice I had never seen behind it. The lump kept growing for the last two years until it reached the point that the box was pushing against the door. It happened over such a long period of time I never noticed. That's my excuse and I'm planning to stay with that one till I die.

Oh yeah he charged $50 to humiliate me. For that kind of money I expected a blonde in a nazi ss uniform. So where is my plaque for the dumb *** of the year award.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
When I was a kid we lived out where there was a ground style septic tank attached to the house. Father and I spent time for some three nights in a row a snaking and plunging this one toilet. occasionally pulling strange white stuff out of the pie etc. All the while father going witch one of you kids put what in here. Just as funny finally got a roto rooter guy over he stuck his pocket knife into the under tow hole . The one opposite of the poo goes away hole. Scraped it out the toilet flushed perfect after that.

mvandor

Feb 28, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
I was at my mother-in-laws house one time and she said she had a problem with the bathtub draining water and could I please take a look at it. Apparently she had really spent quite a bit of time trying to solve this problem on her own plunging and the like. I really didn't know what all someone could do with a tub that seemed blocked but I guess she had the little hair filter off digging in as deep as she could, etc. I went back to the bathroom and looked at the tub, noticed a few inches of water in it and that the mechanical drain stopper, whatever it would actually be called???, was still engaged. I assumed she'd been toggling that off and on, off and on trying to jimmy something loose and had simply leeft it on. Well that was partly true, she had simply left it "on" but had left it on even after the bath and all through her drain problems and hadn't noticed it was still engaged. I found this out by releasing the drain handle so I could start working on it only to immediatly hear the sound of water escaping as it normally should.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Texaco used to have an office here several years ago. They had a group of engineers trying to make some drawing changes on an emulsion. (Those clear sheets you print on for overhead projectors). They tried erasers and razor blades could not get it to come off. They called a friend of mine and asked if they could borrow his electric eraser. He said he would bring it right to them. He walked in the office and told them "now remember this is an emulsion" and turned the sheet upside down and made the erasure on the back side. All the engineers just disappeared. They had spent hours trying to erase from the wrong side...................

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Deacon,
A friend of mine told me he was deer hunting with his brother some years ago when a nice buck walked across in front of them. He said his brother quickly racked every shell in his 30-30's magazine through the gun without once pulling the trigger. I don't think he got a plaque either!
.trk.