My first build

GoldenMotor.com

flbikejunkie

Jun 7, 2015
Ft Myers, FL
She's all done and thanks for all the information posted to get me to this point. On my second tank of gas for the break in of the engine, a F80 from That's Dax. I live in Florida flatlands and have a 36 tooth sprocket. The bike is a Schwinn Swindler beach cruiser. I have added C caliper brakes front and back. Needed to change the pads to get real stopping power. The ones that came from Amazon were terrible.
IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
It is a good looking bike, isn't it?

I was thinking of urging you to tighten up that engine drive chain. But I'll bet that was just a quick photo and you've already done this.

Ride safe and have fun.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Very cool looking!

What's with putting the caliper in front of the seat stays? Not saying it's wrong, I've just never seen it like that before.

flbikejunkie

Jun 7, 2015
Ft Myers, FL
So far I have not been stopped by the police. I did see this information before on Florida. I haven't decided if I will go through the registration process. I am primarily riding on weekends and fairly close to home on quiet streets.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Very cool looking!

What's with putting the caliper in front of the seat stays? Not saying it's wrong, I've just never seen it like that before.
Pads don't reach the rims if the caliper is behind the seat stays.

I had to do my Huffy this way also --- the hole in the frame connector was drilled in such a way that this was necessary. Seems to work just fine.

And yes, that's a great look'n ride!!

flbikejunkie

Jun 7, 2015
Ft Myers, FL
Re: Update

I moved my Dax engine over to my Skyhawk build and got a 49cc ebay special for the Swindler. Picked the black motor to match the frame. Not as much power but way smoother, almost no vibration. I also flipped the handlebars upright for more comfort. I am happy with the way she looks and rides. dance1
IMG_2315.jpg
IMG_2317.jpg