Mum!! The Shifter Kit Bit Me!

GoldenMotor.com

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
Drilling auxiliary holes in any bike frame is not a good idea and doing that with an aluminum bike frame to facilitate mounting heavy objects like gas tanks and motors with drive systems is well, caveat empor. Please monitor your frame constantly for signs of fatigue. They will be there sooner or later. Remember, steel is real.

Jun 25, 2008
Installation complete!

As you correctly predicted pablo, there were indeed chain tension issues. However, the drilled frame was not a problem. The exhaust dictates what angles the engine can sit, but due to the rear mounts this is perfect.

After slacking off all nuts and pulling the engine up about 1/2 a links length it was spot on. Again, my impatience and idiocy cost me dearly as when installing the chain, the rear one got jammed without me noticing and i cut it in two. BUT PEOPLE, that was NO problem. You might think, milegajo you fool, you just lost a day, well no i didn't actually, and its down entirely to pablo and the gang. They included a bicycle chain master link, even though its not required. I merely repaired the rear chain with that as i don't have a normal chain breaker. THATS the sort of quality and mentality you get and pay for. All the way through you'll see you've been provided with too much rather than just enough.

Yes, the shifter kit may be expensive, and yes you could PERHAPS put a similar thing together yourself, but the same goes for rolls royce and sony. They make expensive products when compared to others, and yes you could knock a car together yourself for very little. But it will NEVER come up to the same standard.

This kit is not an expense or a luxury.
For motorised bicycles this kit is essential and a wise investment. Not only do you have the gearing, but the lower rpm WILL help ensure your engine lives that much longer. If anyone feels otherwise, do please speak up.

Pictures to follow.

Pablo, Please accept my sincerest thanks.

I would like to add that in my opinion, these should be included as standard in all engine kits/fully fitted bikes.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2008
Drilling auxiliary holes in any bike frame is not a good idea and doing that with an aluminum bike frame to facilitate mounting heavy objects like gas tanks and motors with drive systems is well, caveat empor. Please monitor your frame constantly for signs of fatigue. They will be there sooner or later. Remember, steel is real.
Definitely understood, this bike was a cancelled order and lying around, rather than let her laze about doing nothing, shes earning her keep being a guinea pig.