Stereo cross-eyed 3D

GoldenMotor.com

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Ok, I been playing around with it a bit. I am not sure you'd call it a hobby or not BUT I've been toying with it. I also figured after I get my bike going and all I can do some 3D images of that. Anyway, here's my first one I did for my brother who's a heating and AC guy. I figured it would be the best way he could see my unit since he lives hundreds of miles away. The second one is off the front porch. I turned the chair sideways to get a better "pop" effect. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

FYI you may have to move away from the screen or make the images smaller if they are too big.

3dacheaterunit.jpg

3dfrontporchFIXED.jpg

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Manual 3d photos, I like it. I had a harder time with the ac unit than the chair. Are you just carefully taking two stills at offset with a single lens or do you have a dedicated device for that? If you are using a single lens, you've definitely got your method figured out. That chair pops like crazy.

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
I am just using a single lens. Funny, I had an easier time with the AC one LOL Anyway, I didn't realize how much information is out there until I started to get into it. There's a forum much like this with 100s of users doing this sorta thing. I've toyed around with red/blue 3D as well I have a few images on an older harddrive if I can get it back and running I'll share those too.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very interesting. Do you have a link to one of those forums? Are you using a special camera or can this be done with any digital?

Tom

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Very interesting. Do you have a link to one of those forums? Are you using a special camera or can this be done with any digital?

Tom
Yeah I confess, that was done with a cell phone! ;) Stand with feet shoulder width apart, hold camera/phone with both hands and with finger on the clicker at the ready, put your weight on your right foot, then shift weight to your left and take another. I would repeat the process a few times to be certain you get it right. Practice does help! However, you do it enough it will come natural. You use a photo editor to put pics together...I have to dig up the link I'll post it when I find it.

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
2door, here's the link:
http://www.3dphoto.net/forum/
If you take out the word "forum" it will take you to the main page where you can see 3D pics, etc...Jeffrey Cooper owns the site and he tells me that they are redoing it soon so some links may or may not work once you get into the site. Enjoy! I've learned a lot there.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Dang it!! My mom always said that one day my eyes would stick like that............hope this doesn't double post.........sure looks like it will.....