35cc Honda gx build

GoldenMotor.com

GoPed

Jul 30, 2012
Los Angeles
Hello everyone im back into the world of motorbicycling with my new honda gx 35 build.
IT works great.shft. as I have used a shift kit to get power but unfortanatly my rear chain has other plans. This is the second chain i have gone through and it always fails the same way it pops out of the rear derailer and falls out at the front sprocket. When I shift even thought the throttle has been backed out. I am looking to build a durable kit but this is just not working.
any suggestions for operating a shift kit / improving reliability would be appreciated and it is a 4 stroke shift kit.

GoPed

Jul 30, 2012
Los Angeles
Yes it's a great build probably the best gx 35 build yet with a top speed of about 30 mph , it just keeps on climbing its a new motor and it seems as if it's just breaking in. I will try and just tune up the rear derailer as it skips gears it goes from 1 to 3 to 5 to 7. I will try to fix this and put another chain and see if it helps. My theory is that the skipping of gears is causing the chain to catch and fail

If this doesn't work then could I gain any durability from an internally geared 7 speed hub . I know then I could use stronger chain but what about the hub itself?

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Yes it's a great build probably the best gx 35 build yet with a top speed of about 30 mph , it just keeps on climbing its a new motor and it seems as if it's just breaking in.

If this doesn't work then could I gain any durability from an internally geared 7 speed hub . I know then I could use stronger chain but what about the hub itself?
The most durable internally geared hub has been the Sturmey Archer 3 speed which has been used by 50 cc Huasheng and 99 cc 4 Stroke builds.

Several of those 4 builders have fairly recently started using the 5 speed SA
hub and it so far the 5 speed seems to be hanging in there.

Your GX 35 makes less power than the 50 cc motors so I would try the 5 speed.