4g bearing success "finally"

GoldenMotor.com

recumbentbill

Jul 5, 2009
millington tn
Well I did it. Cobrafreaks bearing conversion and advice paid off. My first attempt at grinding the honda shaft was a no go. Took too much off. Took cobras advice and jb welded the shaft and tried agin and got it almost perfect.Have a little bit of clutch bell ring. After the grind and reassembly I still had sevier clutch grab which i thought was due to the bell. The clutch grab was due to the clutch shoes [see photos ]The clutch grab is gone now after I took apart the clutch and noticed how rusty and dirty the clutch shoe pins? were and the holes the pins go in also[not shown] the three bolts and springs were nasty too. I took Cobras advice about adding washers to these bolts for a higher rpm grab. These washers are real thin.Since I had the stage 111 tranny I was able to rob the washers since both clutches are similar. Also I put a little bit of grease into the clutch shoe pins holes. Verdict Success Me happy now.No clutch grab and jerking and getting smoother too

Attachments

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Bill glad you took my advice....to contact cobrafreak!!! lol nice work.It sure makes a big difference.

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Sure do wish I could do the same with the clutch I bought for the HF 79 engine I am using. It is great on the top end but I have to nurse it at low speeds because it shakes the bike till it gets some speed up.