Will This Pipe Work?

GoldenMotor.com

Dobzeh

Apr 8, 2013
Florida
im Kinda New to building Motorized Bikes and i was wondering if anyone has ever used this pipe http://www.ebay.com/itm/47CC-49CC-M...Parts_Accessories&hash=item256bf46f5c&vxp=mtr

I know Its for a 49cc But since the stock pipes for 49cc and 66cc are the same pipes and a 49cc is not much different than a 66cc would this pipe add to my bikes performance over the stock pipe or is there another pipe for under 50$ that would work better than this If you were wondering i have a Geniuses Onyx 29

Thanks for your guys help

dance1

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
I have not used a pipe like this. But I think it can work. You might need to cut off the header and use the stock header. The stock header has a 22mm outside diameter. You would need a flexi pipe or bend a pipe to fit this and use a high temp coupler to join the header and this pipe. Ask the seller regarding the inside and outside diameter of this pipe, so you'll know the size of coupler you'll need.

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
We've used similer pipes on some builds before the problem with pipes is that one is for a pocket bike very vauge the bones of a great pipe are there but it will take some fitment and tuning to be of any help to you, the idea of plug and play is not a reality on the motor bike regardless of the make .With some tools and a torch,drill press,hacksaw and a grinder that is a very good pipe and can be made to fit anything.Just my experince,good luck(find an "old guy"show him what your doing tell him you want to learn how to do it youself and you both will have a great time)Be safe Bob PS wear some safty glasses!you only get on pair of eyes

Dobzeh

Apr 8, 2013
Florida
Thanks for the reply contacted the seller and out of curiosity other than the stock pipes what pipe do you feel felt the best if you use custom exhausts just trying to find a decent pipe for my bike
dance1

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Thanks for the reply contacted the seller and out of curiosity other than the stock pipes what pipe do you feel felt the best if you use custom exhausts just trying to find a decent pipe for my bike
dance1
depends on your preferences and what you want achieve and most importantly your budget considerations...

there are many options available, race pipe, power pipe, quiet pipe, etc...

definitely, 2 strokes should have a proper expansion chamber to get the most out of your engine...

For me, it would be a tuned pipe with a proper muffler. Currently, I'm going to try out a large r/c aircraft muffler and combine it with a tuned pipe. Well, that's a plan. I might try out different mufflers... and different tuned pipes.

there are some rules when selecting a tuned pipe. The internal diameter of the tip of the exhaust should be about 70% of the exhaust port, and the length should be calculated. You can find some online calculations, but you'll have to measure some angles and stuff as to when the ports opens and amount of time it opens. Actually, I already have my own calculations, but I have not found a muffler and exhaust shop to fabricate it for me.