gears adapter on stock sprockets?

GoldenMotor.com

ProDigit

Mar 27, 2013
Miami, FL
Suppose I have 2 (or 3) sprockets (43, 40, and 34T), and I want to pair them next to each other; do you know of any gear adapters to put 2 gears per wheel, and of any gearing system with tensioner, like a mountain bike has?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You're going to have to deal with poor chain alignment if you're trying to shift the engine drive chain from one sprocket to another. It works on the pedal side but the sprockets and chain are designed to be derailed and run off center. Not true on the engine drive side.
If you want to change gears there are kits available to allow that. Search for 'shift kits' and you'll find several to choose from.

Tom

ProDigit

Mar 27, 2013
Miami, FL
You're going to have to deal with poor chain alignment if you're trying to shift the engine drive chain from one sprocket to another. It works on the pedal side but the sprockets and chain are designed to be derailed and run off center. Not true on the engine drive side.
If you want to change gears there are kits available to allow that. Search for 'shift kits' and you'll find several to choose from.

Tom
Not really.
With 2 sprockets on the rear wheel connected less than 1/2" apart (~1/4" center to center) from each other, over a length of ~2ft is a very small degree. Much smaller than a mountain bike has with it's 7 rear gears.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
The old 70s Honda CT70s and CT90s had these. It was two sprockets on the rear wheel. One was your everyday sprocket, and the other was your "hill climb" sprocket. You had to carry an extra bit of chain to use it.

But, I wonder why you don't just get a SBP jack shaft and call it good? You'd have 3-7 gears to choose from.

Jus-sayen