moped, wanting to go faster.

GoldenMotor.com

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Since my actual motorized bicycle kicked the bucket, I've been riding my 1977 puch maxi-sport moped everywhere. But, I want to go a bit faster.

I've read some of the mods for the chinagirls, aside from the obvious port-matching and widening, and the gutting of the muffler, what other things could I do to bump up the top speed? I've got a complete replacement engine, so it really wouldn't be too much of a Tragedy if I grenaded one.

Thanks, ccd.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Charlie,
Get on the Moped Army forum. There are a lot of things you can do to it and these are the folks to tell you what they are. They talk a lot of tough B.S. but they are all sitting behind their key boards where it's safe.

Check Treats 77 for parts like big bore kits. There are other dealers if you google moped parts.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Charlie,
They started on me when I asked a question and I was forced to tell them to take a Flying F*** into a Cactus Patch. Naked, if they didn't have the answer. I wasn't there for the key board warriors and needed an answer to the question.

They seemed to calm down after that so be ready.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Charlie,
Look over the forum for answers before you post anything. They have threads about how to do most things to your moped, archived and they get ticked because they went to the trouble of doing it and no one reads them and just asks the same questions over and over.
Put a picture of your moped in when you ask the first questions. That helps calm the seas unless it isn't their favorite/most popular model or make. You will get an answer but they love razzing each other.

Don't mention motor bikes or scooters either.

Steve.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Alright! I didn't have any pictures of my puch on my phone at the time, so I'll add a few tomorrow. And I've heard that the guys over there arnt too friendly towards motor bikes..

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Charlie,
I think if you have a Puch your golden. It's the favorite bike and there are lots of speed parts available.

It's the old Ford, Chevy, Mopar, who's best but in moped talk. I like to go and look to see who's shoveling the largest load of horse leavings. There are some experts.

Steve.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Yeah,... join the Army those guys know mopeds. Pretty helpful. You can get parts at Treatland and 1977 mopeds

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
That's funny about the moped army. No matter what you do to a factory built moped, its still mostly factory made. And they talk crap on us for building our own bikes from the ground up. Ha ha.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I've been on that forum a couple years, just not too often. Never got any crap, just do a search before asking I think that's what gets em all hot and bothered.