Hello and help

GoldenMotor.com

AIola214

Jan 7, 2013
Dallas, TX
I finished my first build a couple of days ago and finally got it to run for about 30 seconds. I have a PK-80 from pirate cycles and a Schwinn Delmar from walmart. The build had a few problems but i was able to fix them by lurking on this forum. My current problem baffles me though. So I finally got my bike to run and very quickly realized that my coaster brake arm had lodged itself in the back gear and was not allowing it to rotate. I killed the motor and carried it back to the bike back to my house. I fixed the coaster arm but now when my clutch is out it is almost impossible to peddle. Iv adjusted the flower nut a lot a times but it is either incredibly hard to pedal or its not catching the pads and moving the gears. Anyone have any ideas?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You'll need to remove the rear wheel and readjust the bearing pre-load. If the coaster brake arm rotated it tightened the bearings. That's why your rear wheel won't spin free. I hope you know how to readjust the clutch after taking it apart. If not there are many threads here that will tell you how to adjust it correctly. Use the search feature, type in 'clutch adjustment'. You'll have lots to read on the subject.

Tom