Suzuki Introduces new 250 street bike for 2013

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
All the companies are coming out with small bikes; I noticed one of them has a slipper clutch setup as a stock item. They need to get it around 300 lbs., that would be a fun ride for sure....

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The new Suzy is also shaft drive. That's the reason it's kind of heavy. I'd rather have one of those naked Hyosung v-twins. They look like a little Ducati Monster to me.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Yes i like that too, a motorcycle that actually looks like a motorcycle. I owned a pair of 1970s Honda CB350 twins back in the day, one had a sidecar on it and the other didn't. I loved how neat and compact they were and they weren't heavy bikes either. Somehow bike makers have lost the knack of making good plain uncomplicated bikes that won't give you a rupture trying to get them up on to the stand. My last bike before I had to give up riding for medical reasons was an unfaired/naked 1990s Suzuki 500 twin that had impeccable road manners, but it was just so darn heavy to try and pull up onto its main stand. My last Suzuki had been a GT380 Triple and it was nothing like so much of a pig to get onto its stand.
Poor old GT380 a learner driver pulled out in front of me from a stop sign and wiped me off it and I tore open my left knee. No fun seeing all the things that make your knee work looking back at you. The scar on my knee still looks impressive even after all these years (sigh). I did get the GT380 going again with a spare set of Honda forks and a twin leading shoe drum braked wheel, but lying on its side screaming its heart out at full throttle for ages before somebody thought to switch off the ignition didn't do it a lot of good and finally the crankshaft bearings collapsed one day about a year later and that was the end of her.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Very nice. Hyosung did a 650 V twin based in the SV650 Suzuki engine, so they know what it takes to make things work.

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
I just sold my hyosung gt 250. I have had many different motorcycles and the hyosung was the most fun. It got great mileage and was pretty snappy for a 250 vtwin. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
suzuki has been making the fastest bike in the world for a long time, and no other bike could catch them,but then the GOVERNATOTRS made a new ruling that stated, no bike is aloud to go over 142 miles per hour.
So, i geuss that it does not matter anymore.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
suzuki has been making the fastest bike in the world for a long time, and no other bike could catch them,but then the GOVERNATOTRS made a new ruling that stated, no bike is aloud to go over 142 miles per hour.

Not restricted everywhere, and if you know what you're about with electronic injection systems, cheaply returned to full performance.

Not that any of the law abiding citizens here would even dream about such a step. No, of course not.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

In actuality, it was not the govt. It was the manufacturers that got together and agreed to limit the bikes at 300kph or about 186mph.

Also, Kawasaki is the new king, not Suzuki...

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The 125 Honda looks much more like the Gilera DNA that's been made for years. It does have a cvt belt drive though, to go with 50cc 2 stroke, 125/185cc 4 stroke 4v.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I read that the 2012 ZX-14 edged out the 'Busa in the quarter. I haven't read who is faster in 2013.
I think insurance companies have a lot to to with top speed limiting. The manufacturers do not want to
spend a lot of money developing a superbike that doesn't sell because insurance premiums make it unaffordable.