motorbike coverted to a train engine

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Wow! That's different and pretty cool!
I wonder what make of motorcycle that used to be? It's a parallel twin engine with a 1930's looking gas tank.
I like the electric fan pointed at the cylinder head for cooling, nice touch.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Ahhh, you have proved my wrong. Thank you! I have learned something new. I need better glasses!

Just be careful about the 1,000 tonner coming the other way.
No joke! I bet with 9 foward and 3 reverse gears it just might be able to outrun the 1,000 tonner if you have the balls to go that fast on it.

That would be neat if we could jump on the train tracks, and just ride the rails..
Some folks do just that, although it is highly illegal. I used to volunteer at the local train museum. They mostly ran a retired Army diesel locomotive for weekend excursions and steam locomotives on special holidays. I remember the day when we were doing maintenance on the tracks and came up on some folks that had a gokart converted to run the tracks. The locomotive engineer was pissed to the max and the gokart folks pissed their pants. They jumped off the kart, turned it around and hightailed it outta there. The engineer said it sounded like they had a V8 engine in the kart and they used every pony it made to get away FAST. At the next RR crossing a few miles down they stopped the train and found evidence that it was the place where the kart was removed from the tracks, loaded onto a trailer and whoever it was drove away. We never found out who it was.
I do not recommend doing any of this as you can get a huge fine if you are caught on the tracks. Trespassing, obstruction of travel/ violating the right of way and even vandalism charges can be brought against you.

All that said, there are kits that allow folks to convert bicycles to ride on the tracks. It is an outrigger wheel that rides the opposing rail. Some folks take it even further than that. http://blog.makezine.com/2006/03/05/more-rail-bikes/
Do a google search, you will find alot.