Motor for the serious boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That 4-banger would weigh a ton........sure looks cool though. I live about 20 miles from that engine and GearNut (Dan) prolly lives next door to it lol.

dnut

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Wow. That's like two Motoguzzi engines mated together. That will keep the legs warm in the winter.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I'm familiar with those engines. It's a 2 stroke. Weight is around only 100 lbs. The HD group would be clueless LOL I would love to build a motorycle around that. Maybe stuff it into a streched BMW chassis.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I looked them up on google and they powered a pretty good sized plane. I was thinking that the cycle car crowd would be set on their ear if you pulled up to race with that to power your car.

The HD crowd may just have to work really hard to catch up to you to see just what the heck you have. Any ideas how fast this would power a bike?

Steve.

Arnold Layne

Dec 3, 2010
Nebraska
I'm out in the middle of nowhere but there's a couple H-D's around here that will top 100hp, and that's not just a wild claim, the bike dyno is only 45 miles away.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Are they entirely standard, or are they collections of parts that never acrtually saw a HD factory?

Arnold Layne

Dec 3, 2010
Nebraska
No, none of them are bone stock. It's pretty easy to get the new twincam motors up around 80hp, to get to 100 takes a little more fooling around. My late friend Troy [RIP] was putting out around 110hp with an '06 model, it did have some serious internal engine mods but still appeared to be stock. He claimed that there was no need for sixth gear under about 130mph. I've been following a fellow in Canada that is building a 142 ci. engine, that is TWICE the size of my old shovelhead! Being a H-D rider I just had to run my mouth a little, after all you did say ANY H-D. usflg

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I've met a few people with the 3 cyl Rocket 3 2.3 litre thing. General opinion says the 4 speed box has 2 too many ratios in it, there's just so much shove from it.