its getting there

GoldenMotor.com

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
had a tensioner problem .. fixed it by cutting out the chainstays and widening them with some handlebar cutoffs . no more dangerous tensioner . Sprockets are wearing in a lot ( no way a chain can stretch that much ) .. shimmed in the rear mount after to get rid of the slack . Motor is running good . Did the sound dampening treatment before i started putting it together ( sounds ok )
Soldered the wires ( now the killswitch works )
So far so good .

this is the bike now

Still need to shorten up the throttle cable

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Thanks guys.
Not quite as clean as it might look ( little pcs of duct tape all over holding wires to the frame .. big loop of killswitch wire duct taped under the tank )
trying to decide whether or not to drill a few holes and run the wires thru the frame . I don,t want to drill any holes i don,t need to with a gas motor ( to much vibration )

Anyways .. took it out again today after putting in my shim .. chain and sprockets are pretty much done doing the big stretch ( never had this problem on anything else i built using quality chain and sprockets .. I always used #35 chains and sprockets , and chainsaw motors .. and one lifan 4 stroke )

seems to be running pretty good ( its my 1st grubee motor build )

When i can afford to so , I think i,m going to build an electric bike , for a few good reasons . Batteries have came a long way , but the prices of the good ones still seems pretty high .