My First Build - Schwinn Point Beach

GoldenMotor.com

JimSbike

Oct 11, 2012
Nor Cal
I decided to build a bike for my wife to use to get back and forth to work when the weather was good.

We ordered a Schwinn Point Beach and a 4 stroke engine kit. I painted both the gas tank and the engine cover. During the build I ended up doing some minor modifications to both the front and rear fenders to help with chain clearance at the back fender and muffler clearance at the front fender. I also added tire liners, side view mirror, bell, a generator light kit, front basket and some leather grip covers. Overall my wife loves the bike and it runs really well.

We took it for a test run this past weekend to see how long it would take her to get to work. I decided to follow on my hybrid pedaler - and boy was that a mistake. Once we hit the main road my wife was off and left me in the dust! I thought I was going to cough up a lung trying to keep up! When I finally cuught up to her, at her work, she was just laughing. She loved it and it only took her 7 minutes to get to work. 120 mpg versus the 12 mpg for her truck makes this a pretty easy decision.

I have already purchased my next build and have just started. I found a nearly new Giant Simple cruiser on Craigslist for $200 and this will be my cruiser! I will post pictures when I get this one done.

Jim

Attachments

JimSbike

Oct 11, 2012
Nor Cal
Darkhawk22,

Thanks!

I ordered the engine online from http://www.enginesonlineshop.com/.

I really like the chain drive with the centrifugal clutch. I really like the look of the chain drive and it is a much simpler system when actually riding the bike. You can sit at a stop sign or stop light and just twist the throttle and off you go. It works really well for my wife. I Liked it so much that I ordered a second one for my bike.

They shipped it within a day and I had it within 3 days of ordering. I believe they ship out of a warehouse in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Jim