Stingray Bikamatic

GoldenMotor.com

pocdragon

Apr 30, 2011
RI
two weeks ago the lady next door was throwing out a sweet 77' stingray, i scooped it up even though i have too many bikes already

then 2 days ago i found a dude on c-list with a few engines and bikes forsale,
i stopped by and found this little gem for 30 bucks.

its a Bikamatic 35cc engine. its ment to bolt on friction drive style above a wheel. it has a centrifugal clutch.

pocdragon

Apr 30, 2011
RI

Thank god it runs, because i cant find information on it at all, nevermind looking for parts.
anyone know if this device goes under any other name?
Bikamatic doesnt even google....

pocdragon

Apr 30, 2011
RI
it fits well on the front wheel

with the way the kill switch and pull start is located i feel like it should be on the front, but id really like it to fit under the banana seat. one of these days

thanks for looking!cvlt1

pocdragon

Apr 30, 2011
RI
its just one pic, chill dude

also, id like to add that the new stingrays (jesse james/OCC) are lame, the classic ones are where its at

has anyone seen this kind of friction drive?
im still coming up dry on searches

Last edited:

pocdragon

Apr 30, 2011
RI
thanks felix, i do love a great deal. and free stuff is my favorite.

i spent 20 bucks on the wheels a year ago, so for 50 bucks i have one crazy ride

bump for engine informationxct2

pocdragon

Apr 30, 2011
RI
thanks gary! the first thing i installed. it used to have the classic spoked coaster brake wheels in the first pic, now it has no brakes at all because of the bad-to-the-bone wheels haha

oh shi-

when i bought the motor it didnt have an exhaust. im modifying a cag exhaustfor expansion chamber and muffler.

i put like 3 miles on it adjusting the front rack mount now that i know its bad i wont run it till i finish the muffler

its running rich as it sits, it spits oil all over the rack mount, it wouldent stay running without choke till i 'diddled the jet screws.

thank for the tips.brnot ill post another fly-by video as comparison when the exhaust is finished.

Last edited: